Tarpon Rodeo

jdeese88

Tarpon rodeo in Grande Isle was canceled this year. First time since 1928. Tarpon Rodeo is the oldest fishing tournament in the United States. I live about an hour away from Grande Isle, a place I fished frequently. Sad that our treasure, our livelihood, is being taken away from us. I read this on ESPN.com and I thought I'll share. Its a little long, but I found it interesting.

Tarpon Rodeo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link. A great read about a horrible situation. The Tarpon is an unbelievable fish that I have spent many hours/days/years chasing and it pains me greatly to think about what they and other species are going through down there. Mother Nature has put up with a great deal from us and has always been suprisingly resilient but this is going to hurt for a long time.

• 3 weeks later...

An extremely sad read indeed....

Feeling sorry for all who are effected is an understatement, I'm sorry I can not express myself any further as it truly is a uniquely horrific disaster for the people who's livelihoods and families depend on fishing, the many species of fish etc that this oil has effected and the ecology of it all.

No punishment will or can suffice for this historic disaster.

A fish such as the Tarpon has survived since prehistoric times only to be undone, possibly extinct from this man made disaster.

My heartfelt best wishes to all who are living through such a terrible ordeal. Thanks for posting.