Cohiba Petit Pyramides

Cohiba Petit Pyramides

54X2.5"

This is a niche cigar created to fill the need for a premium cigar for those forced to smoke outside due to smoking bans.

post-1876-1278159024.jpg

CIGAR: Cohiba Petit Pyramides

DATE: 7/3/2010

SIZE: 2,5" X 54

SHAPE: Petit Splieff

ORIGIN: Cuba

AMBIANCE: I smoked this gem out side in a driving cold rain to see if the intention of Habanos to make a premium cigar for those who have to smoke out side hit it's mark.

BEVERAGE: Tab

APPEARANCE: The cigar was hard to see as the labels covered most of it.

PRE-LIGHT: Cold nose was hard to discern because of the labels, but there was no glue smell and I did get an aroma of tobacco when the wind died down. The cigar was hard to light but I don't know if that was because of the rain, wind, all of those labels, or the moisture content of the the cigar. (it got a little wet!)

FIRST-THIRD: Pure Cohiba bliss. Not grass, but rather damp, moldy hay. There was a hint of cocoa, but I couldn't tell if that was the cigar or the old cocoa hull mulch we used years ago around the privet.

SECOND-THIRD: After an 1/8" inch it really took off. Spice, Cohiba spice like I've never tasted before. Burned garlic, parsley and hot mustard seed. I was smoking by the garage and the trash barrels are there and we did have scampi last night. It was so spicy it blistered my right lower lip and I had to smoke on the left side there after. Then again it was dark and I may have put the hot end in my mouth once or twice.

FINAL-THIRD:the bean flavors appeared after 3/8". Lima, pine nut, and a hint of baked overwhelmed my palette between wind gusts.

This cigar is a winner. Those burdened with smoking bans now have a Cohiba that they can enjoy out side in a short time. While still young, this cigar has all of the promise of a future classic. Nose, mouth feel , appearance, draw and size give this Habanos all of the characteristics of a great cigar. it is still young and will surely benefit from 10-15 years of age. It has classic written all over it, especially if the baked bean character takes on a brown sugar and ham overtone after aging. At $30 a cigar and a maximum smoke time of 8 minutes, you can't go wrong with these beauties.

5 smoke rings with a potential of 6 smoke rings in 10 years.

Thanks for the review.

I hate to tell you, but I think you may have gotten fakes.

The Petit Pyramides I have had have had that classic cohiba grassy flavor with some spice and vanilla bean. You may want to check your source...

Am I going crazy? or where the hell have I been?.... but I have never heard of Cohiba petit piramides (and they are noit in the Trevor's site nor in the Habanos site... perhaps is a private release

Am I going crazy? or where the hell have I been?.... but I have never heard of Cohiba petit piramides (and they are noit in the Trevor's site nor in the Habanos site... perhaps is a private release

Perhaps 'private' as in 'my dog's cousin's brother smuggled them out of the factory near his privates'. That could also explain the new strange spices.

It was so spicy it blistered my right lower lip and I had to smoke on the left side there after. Then again it was dark and I may have put the hot end in my mouth once or twice.

What?? Haha :blush: Cohiba Petit Pyramides 2.5 X 54??

Congrats, brother - the best laugh I've had in a long time!