Por Larranaga Petite Corona

Sat down with my one and only PLPC today. Besides the oppressive humidity, it was a very enjoyable experience.

It didn't really operate in thirds; rather, flavors sort of drifted in and out throughout.

It started off sweet, with the burnt honey taste I associate with VR Famosos.

post-6706-1278709916.jpg

A while in, there was white pepper through the nose, and a creaminess to the smoke. The burnt honey transitioned to burnt caramel. Then a woodiness, with a fruity finish.

post-6706-1278709940.jpg

After the halfway point, I found spiciness, vanilla, and nutmeg. This was about the time the lion ashtray began eying it.

post-6706-1278709963.jpg

At about this point, what I presume was youth began to show. Shortly after this, I let the lion finish it.

post-6706-1278709978.jpg

Overall, a very pleasant and intriguing cigar. Complex, but also easy enough to relax with. I see more of these in my future.

Great pics and good review always a favorite of mine ;)

Cheers OZ :cigar:

Nice review thanks - that hungry lion has been chomping through the cigars recently ;-)

Question to one and all: PLPCs - is it worth ageing them and why?

(i find them almost too sweet when young, but nice creamy smoke that you don't get anymore after a few years age. very much like the VR Famosos in fact. anyone knows how/why this happens?)

Thanks for the review, one of my favorite mild to medium body cigars, and I guess in my top 10 favorites. I like then fresh but in my opinion the age quickly into an exceelent smoke. Even with one year they a very nice, at 2 years they are one of those smokes, IMO, that at some point in your smoke you stop and say to yourself this is one delicious cigar.

• 3 weeks later...
One of my very favorites! I love this cigar.

How long do they need to reach their prime; I was thinking about purchasing a cabinet with box code EMA SEP 08, I was just wondering if these are smokeable yet or do they still need time.

How long do they need to reach their prime; I was thinking about purchasing a cabinet with box code EMA SEP 08, I was just wondering if these are smokeable yet or do they still need time.

Have a HQ cab with the same code - just had one they are certainly smoking now IMO but as others have suggested another year or two would be no harm if you have the patience. At least with a cab of 50 you can pull out the occasional stick from time to time without worrying about seeing the bottom of the box too soon....