New to FOH, glad to be here...

Hello all.

Newbie here, after "trolling" around for some time, and reading some past stuff over the last few years.

My name's Keith, a 31-year-old from Ontario, Canada. Married (4 years) to a beautiful nurse, and we have a 2-year-old son.

I have quite a bit of experience relating to the security and law enforcement fields, and in search and rescue - I'm a qualified/certified SAR instructor (all levels) and Search Manager; I have a strong desire to help, instruct, and lead people. I am pushing forward with furthering my career aspirations within the policing/SAR community in Canada; however, I feel that my “hobby” as a cigar connoisseur leads me to FINALLY stop trolling around, and sign up on FOH.

I have been savouring cigars (obviously, most-notably Cubans), since about mid-1998 after my introduction to them by a former boss, a President of an advertising firm in Toronto that I worked for at the time. He led my hand into the culture of appreciating Habanos – I’ve learned about them, inspected them, appreciated them, understood and collected the various vitolas and marcas for aging and enjoyment, and absorbed reams of information about the mysterious and sometimes confusing world that is Cuban cigars. We in Canada of course have had to muddle through the tax issues and smoking-ban complications as in many other areas – I am no stranger to this, as a former cigarette smoker also, from 1994 to 2002. I now regularly smoke about 2 to 3 Cuban cigars a week in enjoyment and analysis, and I think that my fresh (perhaps youthful) outlook on Habanos are beneficial to my enjoyment of them. I have some very good acquaintances within the Havana House organization (exclusive Canadian authorized importer and distributor of Cuban cigars) and La Casa Del Habanos stores in Canada (licenced dealer of Cuban cigars). I also have some great connections and friends in Cuba, formulated from many trips to the country over the years, and of course a long-standing mutual appreciation of cigars. I have always been told that I have a great palate, understanding, and appreciation for the blends present in the different Cuban puros, and that I’m an excellent sounding board for discussions on the matter.

Well, that's a little bit about me. I guess I'll join into the fun on here.

Cheers.

Thanks all.

Trevor - how many moderators are there then? This seems like a pretty big forum, with lots of members, but a little bit lower on posts than the other forum I'm on (Ridgid PowerTool Forum). Seems like a lot of single/low post members - must be quite a job for you guys, I think there's only 5 of you or so if I'm correct?

Either way, glad to (finally) be on here, and hope that I can bring something beneficial to the table also.

Welcome to the best Cuban cigar site on the web and the coolest owners/operators

Bart™

Thanks.

And, I don't know about your Michael McDonald assertion. :thumbsup: I've read a few threads from FOH in the past few years, and I've noticed your tagline before. While it's funny as heck, man, does he ever drive me nuts. :P

Thanks.

And, I don't know about your Michael McDonald assertion. :P I've read a few threads from FOH in the past few years, and I've noticed your tagline before. While it's funny as heck, man, does he ever drive me nuts. :P

Its definitely a joke but MM once in a while is OK, just seems he sang back up on so many songs over the 70 and 80's

Will look for a new avatar :thumbsup:

Bart

Trevor - how many moderators are there then? This seems like a pretty big forum, with lots of members, but a little bit lower on posts than the other forum I'm on (Ridgid PowerTool Forum). Seems like a lot of single/low post members - must be quite a job for you guys, I think there's only 5 of you or so if I'm correct?

I'm not Trevor, but will throw in my two bits. We have six moderators, which includes our dearly departed Chuck (Tampa). We also have our three

administrators who also perform mod duties.

But perhaps more importantly, we have our contributing members who all act as moderators, and help maintain the character of the forum.

No tossers, no wankers - friendship, laughter, loyalty, fraternity.

Welcome to FOH.

I'm not Trevor, but will throw in my two bits. We have six moderators, which includes our dearly departed Chuck (Tampa). We also have our three

administrators who also perform mod duties.

But perhaps more importantly, we have our contributing members who all act as moderators, and help maintain the character of the forum.

No tossers, no wankers - friendship, laughter, loyalty, fraternity.

Welcome to FOH.

Sounds good, Colt. Thanks for the info.

Yup, sounds very similar to another (power tool / tradesman's) forum that I'm a member of. We get together on a regular basis (at least yearly), with members from all over North America joining in the fun.

It's awesome - the comraderie that you can find with something as simple as one small common interest.

LOL - wankers. Now that's a word I haven't heard in some years. Makes me smile every time I hear it. Oh, man, have I ever had the lousy pleasure of knowing a few. Happily, I'm not in that class.

Welcome to FOH CanuckSTARTech,

lay back, relax, light up a great cigar and enjoy the ride -_-

Seems like you'll soon have all the Moderators on this thread, good shot :P

Hope to read some reviews on some of your favorite smokes.

Ciao ,

A bientôt.

Welcome to FOH CanuckSTARTech,

lay back, relax, light up a great cigar and enjoy the ride :D

Seems like you'll soon have all the Moderators on this thread, good shot :)

Hope to read some reviews on some of your favorite smokes.

Ciao ,

A bientôt.

Merci, Monsieur. Je suis enchanté.

Welcome from Toronto!
Welcome from Vancouver :o

And some other fellow Canucks. Thanks gents.

hello!

Thanks Sloth.

Welcome to FOH from Australia (the land of the Czar). :)

Cheers, and thanks.

Hey welcome aboard CanuckSARTech! You'll soon discover this is TPTB...The Place To Be!! Enjoy..

Thanks. I'm quickly finding that out - I'm getting hooked on the conversations/topics already. Only been on two days, and 30-some posts! A lot to absorb, and a lot to share with the group also. This is going to be fun...