Inception

lemmycaution

Yep,I thought it was a good film.

It wasn't as clever as the reviews made out,nor as clever as moment.Good though,and quite enigmatic.

Hollywood is to be applauded for allowing a blockbuster that requires a bit of thinking.

So,did the spinning wheel drop??

I saw it two nights in a row and loved it each time. Christopher Nolan is becoming the best film director of his generation. He dominated the 00's and is already on top in the 10's. Kudos to the entire team for creating an entirely original film. Hopefully this can inspire more of the same. Can't wait for Chris's next projects to arrive!

Yep,I thought it was a good film.

It wasn't as clever as the reviews made out,nor as clever as moment.Good though,and quite enigmatic.

Hollywood is to be applauded for allowing a blockbuster that requires a bit of thinking.

So,did the spinning wheel drop??

Yes, I agree. I think that's why the general public liked it so much, the movie was intelligent but also fairly easy to grasp. It's just refreshing to see something like this come out with all the recent sequels, remakes, etc. Inception is a great spin on the "heist" genre. I think Memento was definitely better, but it's also not for everyone.

I've been waiting to see this forever and now that I'm back from vacation, it's first on my list for flicks to see at the theater.......Glad to see a smart movie winning accolades with all the junk pushed out by hollywood today.

Aside from the A-Team movie. Not the smartest film, but you can't go wrong with that film. I love it when a Plan comes together! :cigar:

I was actually a bit disapointed and torn apart by this movie. I think it tried hard to deliver a complex driven story with different layers, but in review I think it was fairly straight forward action movie with not too much depth mixed up with some Matrix elements.

I don't want to sound too harsh and I really liked the visual style, but even there I think for a film with that kind of budget there were too few visually stunning and imaginative moments.

Although certainly not a bad flick, at the end it just left me kind of unsatisfied...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally saw the film a few days ago, and I agree with the assessments here. An intriguing idea that was only partially capitalised on, but a decent movie all around. Not as labyrinthine as it was made out to be.

It was OK. The CGI made me feel like the only reason they used it was to make the commercials look cool, but was completely unnecessary and in some cases got in the way.

enjoyed it, but very "matrixy".....

it's interesting the number of online analysis and dissection as to what it all means; I thought it was pretty plain what it's on about.

there's a whole debate as to whether the final scenes are "real" or not (again, no mystery on that one!)

I liked the movie, but I didn't think it was that great.

Momento, on the other hand, I thought was a great film.

I think you mean Memento, with Guy Pearce? Now that film was awesome! It really gets your brain working with all the back-and-forth in present and past times. Story was great but the ending left me a bit wanting some more.

I agree.

The dream machine had the wackiness of a Charlie Kaufman plot device, but unlike one of his movies, "Inception" didn't use it to say anything more than "Here are some really cool action sequences."

I was actually a bit disapointed and torn apart by this movie. I think it tried hard to deliver a complex driven story with different layers, but in review I think it was fairly straight forward action movie with not too much depth mixed up with some Matrix elements.

I don't want to sound too harsh and I really liked the visual style, but even there I think for a film with that kind of budget there were too few visually stunning and imaginative moments.

Although certainly not a bad flick, at the end it just left me kind of unsatisfied...

I think you mean Memento, with Guy Pearce? Now that film was awesome! It really gets your brain working with all the back-and-forth in present and past times. Story was great but the ending left me a bit wanting some more.

I think you mean I spelled the word incorrectly, unless there is a movie called "Momento"?

• 10 months later...

This film was pretty good, I put off watching it because I was worried it wasn't going to be that great. Talking about it I could watch it again.