What is your any-time/all-time favourite drink to enjoy with a good Cuban cigar?

CanuckSARTech

What is your favourite drink to pair with ANY Cuban cigar?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always have a coffee or a whisky with my cigars.

I think the flavors compliment each other.

I do not like wine or any citrus beverages with cigars. I have tried this a few times over the years and it makes the cigar taste bitter.

Every once in a while I will have a bourbon. A pappy van winkle or A.H. Hersh.

• 4 weeks later...

Usually i just drink water but i also like to smoke with rum and bourbon. For rum i like Appleton and for bourbon i like Buffalo Trace and Elijah Craig 12yo. Im a student so price is generally my deciding factor. I enjoy scotch but i cant afford the ones i have liked.

I think red wine is the worst I love coffee but usually smoke at night so that don't work too often. My fav is either a mint julep or mojito but I never have mint leaf so the most paired drink would be beer usually an ipa of sorts.

You are right - hennessey XO is fantastic.

I had it for the firts time Saturday Night at the Carnegie Club in NYC with a Behike 52 - HEAVEN.

First time i ever had the Hennessey, and a while since i had had cognac period. Went really well.

Cheers

Greg

hennessy vsop is my drink of choice when enjoying a cuban although these days im starting 2 get into single malt scotch glenmorangie being exceptionally well, have a bottle of glenmorangie signet which im opening next week and going 2 pair it with a cohiba siglo VI gran reserva should be intresting.

on another note had some hennessy xo last night at my gf's sister's engagment and keeped thinging i should have brought a cigar, i actually have had it a few times but could not remember it being that smooth, highly recommended if your a cognac drinker.

water being my non alcoholic drink of choice especially when trying new cigars for the first time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I rarely have alchool with my cigars...if I do its a scotch beer (ie mcewans). My go to drink with my cigars is either coke zero, Jones soda co. Root Beer or San Pellegrino Water with lemon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A good strong latte pairs very well with a partagas on a winters morning.......

Also quite enjoy Hennessy VSOP with a mild to medium bodied HDM Epicure No.2 or Cohiba Siglo 2.

Haven't tried the Zacapa Rum yet, will buy a bottle this week and give it a go.

Havana Club generally with coke. Have not had the privilege of tasting some of the fancier Cuban products. Made my first batch of Mojitos over the weekend - can't wait to pair that with a CC.

I tried straight water on a few occasions but find that it cannot tame the pepper (capcicum), hence lessens my enjoyment of the cigar.

Coffee with milder cigars.

I'm not sure I could pick just two (although I suspect that says more about my alcoholism than anything else!)

One of my recent 'go-to' drinks with a cigar has been a sloe-gin and lemonade - the fruity sweetness, yet slightly tart, qualities of the combination seem to marry quite well with a good range of cigars. Similarly I am a big fan of a glass of Havana Club Anejo Especiale with coke.

I love Islay Scotch, but I'd rarely pair it with a cigar as I find most of the regions whiskies too overpowering. With a cigar, I'd plump for a slightly more mellow Speyside, but still with a bit of something about it - such as an Aberlour A'bunadh (or the IB 12yo Glen Moray I bought at the weekend).

Beer - can't forget beer. Proper beer (I have to say that as the chairman of a CAMRA affiliated real ale society). IPA or a good strong bitter - all dependent upon the cigar in this case though.

Gin and tonic / Pimms and lemonade make regular appearances when the weather is fine too. Not forgetting a nice crisp white wine (Sancerre anyone?) I love reds, especially Bordeaux, but rarely drink them with a cigar (maybe I'll try one with a Burgundy or Beaujolais :dollarsign: ).

Non-alcoholic drinks are generally water, coffee (sometimes tea) and diet coke.