Diplomatico Number 2 EMA SEP 07

El Presidente

Thanks for the review guys, and welcome back Ken...you were missed. Sorry to hear about your bum back. I'm a big fan of the Diplo #2, and it is presently my favorite piramide, overtaking the Monte #2. Never thought that would happen, but it did.

Never really gave Dips any thought, also they're pretty hard to find in my part of the world. But I'm a big fan of the Monty 2 and the Partagas P2 so I should probably try this one asap.

The promise of cinnamon in a cigar is always plus for me ;)

Yessss... the Dip 2 review have been waiting for! Thanks guys. The flavor profile sounds like something that I would enjoy. Hope Ken heals up nicely. Had to cut his cigar for him because of his sore back. I am still laughing over that one ;)

Thanks for reviewing the Dip 2, I too have been wanting to know what you guys thought of them. My experience has been similar regarding the flavor profile and complexity. Lots of nutmeg and spice through the first two-thirds and fairly unchanging. However, I have at times experienced a taste that I can only describe as licorice.

Anyone else ever experienced this in a Dip 2? I will say that the licorice taste has diminished slightly as they have aged.

- Scott

Oh, by the way, what's with cutting cigars at an angle? :clap: My delicate sensibilities have been offended!

I cut Beli's and Piramides on an angle simply to angle the smoke direct to the taste buds. Have done so as long as I can remember.

Whether it makes a real or imaginary difference I really don't know :P

I tried one of these last night after a big supper and desert and i couldn't stand the flavors. I think I was too stuffed to enjoy the flavors. Had to throw it down.

This is the cigar that comes to mind when I read people who claim that all cigars are the same; that Habanos only puts different bands on them. How can anyone smoke a Diplomatico, any Diplomatico, and say that they can't tell whether it's a Montecristo, a Partagas or an Upmann. Bullshit. They've got no palates whatsover. Honestly, I pity the fools.

A cigar shop has opened 3 mins up the road from my flat. Went in and was poking around in the humidor. Noticed some Dip 2s there. I pointed them out to my g/f who was with me. Then the shop assistant says to me "Oh, Diplomaticos - it's just the same thing as Montecristo"

I give the shop another 6 months of existence.

A cigar shop has opened 3 mins up the road from my flat. Went in and was poking around in the humidor. Noticed some Dip 2s there. I pointed them out to my g/f who was with me. Then the shop assistant says to me "Oh, Diplomaticos - it's just the same thing as Montecristo"

I give the shop another 6 months of existence.

And we've heard the story of a shop assistant elsewhere who said that the white spots on a cigar's wrapper contained Vitamin B! :D

I cut Beli's and Piramides on an angle simply to angle the smoke direct to the taste buds. Have done so as long as I can remember.

Whether it makes a real or imaginary difference I really don't know :D

Hmm, I see. The practice still sounds odd. I don't know anyone else who does it. Isn't there a danger that the wrapper cut this way might unravel?

This is the cigar that comes to mind when I read people who claim that all cigars are the same; that Habanos only puts different bands on them. How can anyone smoke a Diplomatico, any Diplomatico, and say that they can't tell whether it's a Montecristo, a Partagas or an Upmann. Bullshit. They've got no palates whatsover. Honestly, I pity the fools.

Harsh words, but justified! :D

Hmm, I see. The practice still sounds odd. I don't know anyone else who does it. Isn't there a danger that the wrapper cut this way might unravel?

No, not really. if you study a beli or Piramide you will see the cap swirls down on one side. This is the side that takes the angle of the angled cut. Just adjust the band if you have not already removed it.

I honestly didn't think the practice was that rare. I know people around the world who do the same.

No, not really. if you study a beli or Piramide you will see the cap swirls down on one side. This is the side that takes the angle of the angled cut. Just adjust the band if you have not already removed it.

I honestly didn't think the practice was that rare. I know people around the world who do the same.

I could experiment, but I can't bring myself to do it, plus I seldom adjust the band, let alone remove it. Only bumpkins do that! :D

I could experiment, but I can't bring myself to do it, plus I seldom adjust the band, let alone remove it. Only bumpkins do that! :D

If you try it ...you will never go back.

If I don't remove the band Ken will cotton on he is smoking some cheap arse cigar compared to mine ;)

I've seen and heard of the angled cut thing. Big in use on figurados/piramides/torpedos. Ehhhh - not too big of a deal to me. You feel the heat of the smoke on your tongue a little easier at the end of the cigar, is all I noticed myself.

But, the flip side of the equation - I've done it accidentally a few times before, when I was a bit, er, tipsy, and I used the flavour excuse to cover for my slip up on the cut. Heh, heh, heh!

But anyways, Rob, so is that jogging pants you're wearing in this video? You've given Ken a hard time on his dress before. I watched this video this morning - I'm about 2/3's of the way through all the rest of the videos, but I wanted to watch this video review today as I have a nice box of these myself (Jun 2008 "EMA"). So I watched it, and do my eyes deceive me - but it looks like Rob is wearing pajama pants too!!! :lol: