ATTN Toronto/Ontario/Canadian FOH Members!

Hey there.

I see we have a few more to add to the list. :party:

As of Sep 28 we have nine people (including Canuck & myself). That's great!

If anyone else cares to join us, let me or Keith know before the end of Sept.

We'll publish all the details to this thread shortly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings everyone. :clap:

The tally is in. The following people expressed an interest in joining the

first ever, unofficial FOH Toronto get together.

tdlfoto, lonsdaleto, cdneh, gk404, Eric C, maverickdrinker, SensFaninTO,

CanuckSARTech, Bundwallah

The date we're going for is Saturday October 23, 2010.

The venue will be Remy's Restaurant.

The time is for 3PM & onwards.

Please confirm if you can make it by either posting to this thread or

messaging myself or CanuckSARTech.

We look forward to meeting everyone. Bring your smokes, don't forget your

cutters and lighters!

When you get there, the table will be in my name; "Frank" or "FOH".

You can enter from either Yorkville or Cumberland. Look for an alley called

"Old York Lane" You'll find the stairs to the rooftop there. There is "Big P"

parking not too far from it if you're driving.

And if you are driving, please don't drink and drive.

See you there!! :wub:

FOH-PosterAD-V2webEnh.jpg

Great looking poster, I am looking forward to the event, I will definitely be attending.

Regards

Stephen - CDNeh

Hope someone takes a camera and posts the pics as I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Used to know some folk from London Ontario and they told me that they too had the River Thames and about half of the name places. They were a great bunch.

Hope someone takes a camera and posts the pics as I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Used to know some folk from London Ontario and they told me that they too had the River Thames and about half of the name places. They were a great bunch.

Was already planning up my sleeve to bring my wife's digital camera, but I may defer to tdfoto instead.

But yes, I'm not too far from London (where my SAR team is based out of, actually, and where I went to college). Yes, southwestern Ontario has some very close similarities and "twinings" to like-minded places in England. Our "Stratford Festival" (a celebration of Shakespeare and all things theatre) is a glorious event.

I was born in Winnipeg! :lookaround: Don't tell anyone though - I left when I was one year old!

And anyone who has been to George Street in St. John's NFLD, or Montreal/Quebec City in general will agree there are far worse places to plan a gathering haha! :buddies:

Not to worry guys, wasn't trying to rain on your parade. I'm happy to see the FOH membership in Canada growing at the rate that it is, we should be planning herfs to celebrate our appreciation of habanos!

Hi y'all ..

I live in Winnipeg and it is kinda impossible to arrange such an outing..

So enjoy it guys.

If there is anybody in Winnipeg wanting to start a gathering am up to it....

Regards.

Reminder.

We're a little over a week away from the event. Just a reminder to those who wanted to attend, please post or message me or CanuckSARTech that you can make it.

@Blackham. You're more than welcome to join us.

So far the long range forecast calls for rain that day. Keep an eye out on this thread closer to the date for updates. Cross your fingers for a little bit of sunshine.

:)

Two questions for those of you living directly in Toronto...

Firstly, are there any traffic issues of note for next Saturday? 'Cause I just heard on CBC news today that there were various closures of streets in downtown T.O. today for events, so I wasn't sure if there was similar stuff planned for next weekend. I want to make sure my butt is there for 3pm sharp.

Secondly, any decent deals on hotels/motels nearby where we're going to be hanging out (Remy's)? I'm not 100% sure yet, but I may just end up staying in Toronto overnight. Depending on how much we take this past dinner and into the evening, it might be more prudent for me to just stay in T.O. that night, rather than make the 3-hour drive home afterwards. Just wondering if any of you know of any sweet deals, just to plan ahead in case I do decide to stay. Other out-of-towners might need this info also...

Thanks.

ATTENTION FOH TORONTO MEMBERS!! - CHANGE OF VENUE!!

FOH-PosterAD-V3a.jpg

As we are now a week away from the Toronto event I called Remy's to find out the status of their patio. The bad news is that they've pretty much closed it off for the season. They'll only open it if the weather is good. So, rather than take a chance going there, I've decided to move it to the Drake hotel. They tell me their patio is open year round and cigar smoking is welcome there. If you're coming from out of town, you might be able to get a room there as well.

Here's the link to the hotel. http://www.thedrakehotel.ca

Their patio is called the "Sky Yard" and looks very promising. See here. http://www.thedrakehotel.ca/dining

Those of you who have confirmed their attendance, I'm going to initiate some friend invites to you so I can communicate directly prior to the event rather than rely on thread updates. As the time is drawing near, this makes more sense. So please accept the invite, no SPAM will be forthcoming. ;)

Google map link to location. This will help you find parking, accommodations, etc.

Drake Directions

The time and date will remain. The only change is in the venue.

If you have any questions/concerns let me know. We look forward to meeting everyone there! :2thumbs:

venue change noted - thanks for the heads up. i've been to the drake a few times...actually photographed a few editorials there earlier this year. great venue! see you boys there :D

wondering - do people usually bring a few extra cigars for sharing/trading to these kinda meetups? any interest? just thinking out loud...

UPDATE #2: TIME CHANGE to 6:30PM!!

I just called the Drake to book a table for 12 people on the patio which is the good news. The bad news is that they don't open it until 6PM!! :tantrum:

My apologies gents. When I called yesterday, I was told that it was open all day, everyday. I should have pressed them for the info then. So, we can do the following. For those of you want to take their time coming down, we'll see you at the Drake for 6PM'ish. Our reservation is for 6:30PM we can hang out in the lounges prior to seating if you like.

Those of you who still want to come down earlier I can meet you somewhere in Yorkville for drinks. I plan on making a day of this so killing three hours will be fun. We can walk over to the LCDH for those who haven't seen it. Please try to keep you eyes in your sockets when you see the prices. :surprised: If there's a smooth talker amongst you perhaps we can convince them to take out their original Behike humidor and lets us take a whiff of the oh so special cigars inside. :cigar: And yes, they have one when I chatted with them back in June.

Once again, my apologies for the time change.

Hey Frank thank you so much for doing so much work, while we're just sitting here doing nothing haha, really appreciated it

Just trying to help, if it's making things more complicated I apologize and please forget about it. I found 2 places that are cigar friendly, in case many of us couldn't attend at 6:30 we can consider these places

http://www.parktoronto.hyatt.com/hyatt/hot...dex.jsp#4225737

Park Hyatt - just called them, cigar friendly, opens 12pm

http://www.cigarbunch.com/2008/03/24/minib...o-wintersummer/

Mini Bar - this BOTL says its cigar friendly, haven't called them yet

As for me I'll still be able to make it but I'll have to leave earlier because I have a dinner party to attend afterwards.

Cheers

-Joe

Hey Frank thank you so much for doing so much work, while we're just sitting here doing nothing haha, really appreciated it

Just trying to help, if it's making things more complicated I apologize and please forget about it. I found 2 places that are cigar friendly, in case many of us couldn't attend at 6:30 we can consider these places

http://www.parktoronto.hyatt.com/hyatt/hot...dex.jsp#4225737

Park Hyatt - just called them, cigar friendly, opens 12pm

http://www.cigarbunch.com/2008/03/24/minib...o-wintersummer/

Mini Bar - this BOTL says its cigar friendly, haven't called them yet

As for me I'll still be able to make it but I'll have to leave earlier because I have a dinner party to attend afterwards.

Cheers

-Joe

Hey Joe. I don't mind doing this. I just wish venues would be more consistent in their messages. :rolleyes:

The Park Hyatt is my favorite place for tapas, drinks & cigars. I didn't think they'd stay open this late in the year. The patio is on the 18th floor and while they have heaters a cold breeze is going to feel colder up there.

The Mini Bar place sounds interesting. Maybe a 2nd Toronto event in the not too distant future? :cigar:

For now, let's stick with the Drake from 6PM onward. However....if anyone wants to hit the Park Hyatt from 3PM onwards I'm game. :D