Cohiba "The world's First Cigar Retrieving Dog"

El Presidente

My Chesapeake Bay retriever “Cohiba”.

For those that haven’t met him before, a great friend and companion who has had a tough trot in his first three years on this earth. Run over by our 4x4 at 3 months (asleep under the passenger side front tyre) he had smashed back legs and pelvis and a long slow recovery.

Now a regular at Czar House and will continue to be for years to come.

The world’s first “Cigar Retrieving Dog” :lookaround:

Funny video. It's amazing Rob - you have waaaay too much time on your hands! :lol:

I was wondering that, when I watched the video, about the kind of awkward hop that your dog made when going down the stairs. Now reading your explanation, I understand. Even, for the nature of the accident you describe, he still seems like a well-healed and nimble dog. Kudos.

Now, all you need to teach him to do is bury the Montecristo Open line in the back yard, and we'll all be happy! :lookaround::lol:

I only wish I could train my Lab to do that! Hunter will fetch but won't give it up. In his mind, whatever he fetches is his to keep and do with as he pleases!! :tantrum:

And I always thought that Labs were meant to be smart... guess I bought a loveable dud.

When I first glanced at this forum title I was thinking of a dog treat in one catalog that is called "Cohibark." It is in the same orange, black & white squared dots of the cigar band and has that around a cylander cigar shaped dog treat - all natural ingredients! It's the cutest thing I've seen...and EXPENSIVE AS HELL, just like a real Cohiba!

This is more how I see it going.

Rob: Lise.... what i feel like now is a ..... "Cohiba Lancero"...... Fetch!

Lisa: *SLAP*!!!

Rob: Smithy.... can you get me a Panadol for my headache?

Smithy: Get your own Panadol, and while you're doing that I'll have a Cohiba Lancero, thanks!