Montecristo No 2 MOS NOV 09

El Presidente

Great to hear they're back! I've seen some PSP boxes in your live humidor sessions but have been reserved on the Monte 2 since the last box I really enjoyed was from 06. The PSP boxes look amazing, sounds like you're saying your recent arrivals are worth picking up.

As always, thanks for keeping us current on what's coming off the island

Great review...I have an HQ box Oct 09...i have smoked one and had same experiance...easy 92/93......if i had more cash i would back the truck up fo sho!!!!!

Me and Erm310 have PM'd a few times about these oct/nov 09 boxes.....he loaded up his truck with atleast 3 maybe 4 boxes of em!!!...There good!!!

Great review guys! I totally agree with it.

Yeap, Brutus is right, I'm enamored with these lately and can't get enough. For me these late 09s are fabulous.

I'm glad Pres says to smoke em now, not sure they will last long enough for me to age them anyway.

Erm

Glad to hear the Monte #2 is improving. The first one I ever smoked was in 2004 while on a vacation and it was what you guys call a cracker. It was my first CC and it was a fantastic smoke. I remember thinking to myself that this was something I have never tasted before after only smoking NC's for 15 years and I could easily get used to this. Never had another until earlier this year and tried a box of 10 from early 09. All 10 were exactly the same... plain woody tobacco, dry finish with absolutely nothing going for them. Very consistant, in a bad way. Now I am looking forward to trying some late 09 sticks and reliving the bliss of my first experience with the Monte.

Thrilled to see they're back! I was so disappointed to see one of the first cigars I fell in love with turn into such a boring smoke over the past few years. I had a box of '06 that were really great in the beginning but right now I still have one single one left in my humidor that almost seems like a chore to smoke. I was kinda saving this cigar for a night when I'm depressed and don't want to cheer myself up in anyway. Smoking that Monty 2 with some cheap booze while (with any luck) it's raining outside....

I always enjoy a box of Monty 2 and/or 4 in my humidor, but with the quality of late I was really looking elsewhere for my daily smokes. Are the 4's of '09 as good as the No. 2 you reviewed? Christmas is around the corner and I need to look for some presents for myself :wub:

I have a box of '08s from the Czar that I've only had one of so far, it needed more time. Really hoping they turn out like the ones in this review! Thanks for the great review guys.

Yeah I have a box from 08 as well. Not as exciting as this review. Im gonna wait another yr and see how these turn out. But watching this review is making me want to buy a box (of course with the same box code)

Yes, I've also found that the Monte 2's of the past number of years have had lots of highs and lows. Well, due to lots of recommendations, I ended up ponying up for a couple of 10-boxes of the Monte 2's in the past few weeks with the Live From The Humidor threads (those, and some Monte 4 25-boxes also), with similar date/factory codes. After letting them rest for a bit after shipping, I'm planning on trying one of each of these next week. Hopefully, these live up to these raised expectations now. If they do, I plan on "backing up the truck", and loading up on a number of 25-boxes of these 2's, as I know that sometimes there can be stretches without good ones of these.

Thanks for the review guys - another one well done - and I look forward to re-watching it and analyzing my results with these new Nov '09 Monte 2's after next week! Thanks!

I was really thrilled with this cigar and the comeback of mid to late 09 Monte 2 in general. it has been a long time coming.

Glad u mentioned they don't need to sit for too long....I shall light one of the Monte 2 09s this Sunday at th Eagles Falcons game in Philly. Can't think of a better way to start the tailgate.

• 1 month later...