Which cigar is the Chocolate king?

I was asked this yesterday by an old timer who was sceptical of chocolate ever being able to be tasted in a cigar.

To me, you can have notes of white/dark/milk chocolate in many cigars. The recent video review of the Monte 2 is a case in point.

Two cigars stand out for me as Chocolate (in its various forms) laden.

Upmann Magnum 48 and Cohiba maduro 5 Genios.

In your experience, which is the first cigar (non flavoured!) that registered the chocolate taste sensation to you? Which delivers it most consistently in your mind?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd go with the Monte Double Edmundo. Found that to be the most 'chocolatey' out of all the cigars I've had...

Famosos certainly have the chocolate malt/semi-sweet baking chocolate area dominated.  I would have to say the Double Edmundos are the purest in milk chocolate of all the Montes. 

My first chocolate was in a MC No 2. Chocolate most consitently lately has come from a box or 04 VR Familiares I am working my way through.

• Like 1

Montecristo D LE 2005. Still one of THE best cigars loaded with chocolate.

The Mag 48, Cohiba Secretos, Genios, Magicos, as welll as Cuaba Piramides are some great examples also! :cigar:

All except the Monte D LE 2005 as i still have not tried one of these ,you hit the nail on the head with all the others "Chocolate Bombs" :clap:

OZ :cigar:

I'd go with the Upmann Magnum 48, definitely the most intense chocolate I've had in a cigar so far. Made me buy a whole box. Regarding richness in that certain aspect and consistency I think it to be superior to the Cohiba Genios which didn't always deliver the same lush chocolate profile to me. Same would go for the Secretos which in my opinion can show quite different flavour profiles at times. Still some very interesting alternatives mentioned here.

I was asked this yesterday by an old timer who was sceptical of chocolate ever being able to be tasted in a cigar.

To me, you can have notes of white/dark/milk chocolate in many cigars. The recent video review of the Monte 2 is a case in point.

Two cigars stand out for me as Chocolate (in its various forms) laden.

Upmann Magnum 48 and Cohiba maduro 5 Genios.

In your experience, which is the first cigar (non flavoured!) that registered the chocolate taste sensation to you? Which delivers it most consistently in your mind?

VR Unicos. The original "chocolate bomb."

• Like 2