Which cigar is the Chocolate king?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd go with the Monte Double Edmundo. Found that to be the most 'chocolatey' out of all the cigars I've had...

Famosos certainly have the chocolate malt/semi-sweet baking chocolate area dominated.  I would have to say the Double Edmundos are the purest in milk chocolate of all the Montes. 

I agree with an earlier reply that said that Montes have more of a "milk chocolate" - I find it ever so often and very slightly in Monte 2's or 4's.

But, for a very strong, and/or dark chocolate hit, the Cohiba Maduro 5 lineup, for sure. Also, very close to that, I've found it in the various EL's that I like - the Montecristo Sublimes EL 2008, the Trinidad Ingenios EL 2007 (not nearly as strongly), and definitely in the Cuaba Piramides EL 2008. Every once in a while, I'll also get hits of unrefined/unsweetened cocoa in a great Partagas Serie D No. 4.

When it's there and strong in one of these sticks, it's unmistakeable, IMO.

• 11 years later...

I would say the Cohiba Secretos I have smoked had that chocolate note for sure. I was going to say the PSP Monte 2's I have but I have only had one from the box so too small of a sampler size.

On 10/11/2010 at 9:02 PM, mkz said:

HdM Des Dieux.

Chocolate pudding heaven!! :cigar:

x2

Almost forgot about those. Wonderful cigar!!

19/20 Boli PC’s have been chocolate cream bombs. Monte as always...

I have not purchased any VR Unicos in years but the 08, 09 and 10s had such velvety smooth wrappers. You could feel the tiny hairs on them. Havent seen since. They were like smoking a bag of Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. So agree with Van55 and Bassman reverting back to initial thread. Im sure they are both enjoying a chocolate stick in the heavens above! 

• Like 2

Thinking back the Monte 08 Sublimes were just like sipping freshly melted dark chocolate ganache, just amazing. There's been a procession of Monte releases that have tried to replicate them but haven't quite managed it imo

09 Upmann Mag 48 was a straight up milk chocolate digestive biscuits to me.

Also fond memories of the Monte D EL release, that was just dark chocolate from start to finish, no evolution but didn't particularly need it if you wanted a chocolate hit

• Like 2

I’ve loaded up on the Boli PC’s of late. Cocoa coffee bombs...

• Like 1