Bolivar Petit Belicoso Limited Edition MOA Jul 09

El Presidente

Glad to see this Cigar being reviewed and the positive feedback it has received.

I smoked one of these in late August last year when they were first released, and it was interesting how the profile was mostly chocolate. The Cigar I had tasted a little green but it sounds like that they are about ready to smoke now so I may give them another go.

Steve

• 2 months later...

Arriving very late at this thread as a mate just gave me a few singles of these to try.

Over-humidified so will have to wait. They look like cohiba maduro 5 style wrappers - in fact almost identical. So the chocolate isn't surprising...

Anyway as to KGs shorts, nothing wrong with them in tropical queensland- probably 3cm longer at the leg than "stubbies" our former national outfit here in NZ (although now sadly only worn by farmers all year round and summer casuals by the odd bloke). Complete the package with gumboots and wifebeater for the next vid ken.

• 4 weeks later...

ok so i was a good boy and waited a bit before trying one of these Petit Belicosos.

As per your review, very agreeable, lots of dark chocolate, and a pleasing earthiness. The latter being the only characteristic that reminds you in any way of a Bolivar. No spice, tang, nuffink. Could easily have been a Cohiba Secretos/Genios, even the wrapper looked identical. Nice dessert cigar. Enjoyed the vitola, petit beli is a nice change and wish they had a few more cigars in this format...

Nice vid review gents. Can't believe I missed this one. Always love chocolate in a cigar.

• 3 months later...

friend of mine just bought a box of these petit belis off czars for his upcoming wedding, brought a couple round to "try out" (just like the wedding dress fitting he says ;-), and these had a lot more grunt than my singles from a few months ago. Sweetness only at the beginning, then bolivar style damp earth and a real meaty flavour the rest of the way. Quite a bit of tar accumulating in the foot as well, bit of a minty ligero thing happening. Lots more promise than my singles but because of the wedding few if any will get to age much! oh well.

thanks to smithy for driving them over to the lady's hotel ! Good effort mate.

• 4 months later...

This cigar has hit a good stride. This is my favorite CC to date (small sample size albeit). The flavor and complexity remind me of the Oliva V but with the CC taste thrown in. I am looking for all these I can get in trade. A box purchase will be made in the next few months.