Diplomaticos #2

BradNC

I just got a box of these in from The Czar a few days ago. EMA Jul 08 is the box code. They've "rested" only about 3 or 4 days. :( I bought it purely off the the review video posted on here. It was very different for me and I can't really explain it since I am not as versed on all of the flavors as some. I'd summarize my review as:

1st third: &"*!ing awesome!

2nd third: &"*!ing awesome!

3rd third: &"*!ing awesome!

(Hope I didn't offend)

If you haven't had one and are looking for a perfect winter cigar, the spices and nutmeg taste really hit the spot for me. When one pairs the blend of this cigar with the PSP/HQ/PE program you can't lose.

Brad

Hahah, great "review". The fact that you like them is all their matters. The details are just fluff.

Diplomaticos is a wonderful brand, but enjoyed by very few. Only 0.2% of Habanos exports each year are Diplomaticos; just no demand for them.

A shame they've discontinued several sizes, the #4s and #5s i think.

My favorite Torpedo...used to be the Monte 2, but in the past year the Dip 2s have really shined through.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if these Dip 2s are limited to only certain regions? I saw the export percentage posted by Aizuddin and that

would make them rare but can't find them at any of the tobacarias down in Brazil or Argentina.

No, they are generally a variety that's available world-wide - Czar's has them, as does many other worldwide retailers. But, it just may be something that's not a big seller in certain markets in South America, so that's why you were unable to find them there.

The Dip 2's are generally a must-have item in a humidor - they're a nice variance from many smokes. Wonderful flavour profile.

• Like 1

Hahah, great "review". The fact that you like them is all their matters. The details are just fluff.

Diplomaticos is a wonderful brand, but enjoyed by very few. Only 0.2% of Habanos exports each year are Diplomaticos; just no demand for them.

A shame they've discontinued several sizes, the #4s and #5s i think.

Thats correct. I have heard the 4's and 5's have been discontinued. I enjoy the 2's very much, I usually alternate between them the Monte 2's or the Upmann 2's. I just ordered a box of the Dip 4's. Figured I would get a box before they are only a memory. Does anyone know why they were discontinued?

Thats correct. I have heard the 4's and 5's have been discontinued. I enjoy the 2's very much, I usually alternate between them the Monte 2's or the Upmann 2's. I just ordered a box of the Dip 4's. Figured I would get a box before they are only a memory. Does anyone know why they were discontinued?

Yes...because they didn't sell enough of them.

• 4 weeks later...

this is good afternoon smoke, usually my #2 cigar, good, sometimes this can be a really strong one, not always though

Okay, hilarious review, lol!

I've only had one Dip #2 myself (an '08, burned this fall). At first I thought "This is a good cigar, I'm enjoying this." After a while, it was "Wow, this is a really good cigar." For the last inch I didn't think much of anything because I was just enjoying the pure cinnamon goodness! I definitely need to get some more of these. I've had about 5-6 Monte #2s and this beat the pants off all of them.