BHK52

I was in Rome this past September. While about on the town, I walked into many of the various "Tabaccheria" stores. Many carry cigarettes, Italian cigars and loads of lottery tickets. A few good ones have fully stocked humidors loaded with Habanos. One store in particular had BHK52's in stock. At 24Euros.... :D I decided to take the plunge. "When in Rome" they say. :D I have yet to see any in Toronto so I bit the bullet.

My wife and I found a little bar/pub to relax in that night. We ordered a couple of drinks, I handed her a little RyJ Purito. For myself, I pulled out the BHK52.

Since I was with the wife, a proper review could not be conducted. But here is what I recall. The construction was beautiful, almost flawless. The cold aroma was very rich and intoxicating. Cold draw was excellent. In terms of tasting, the cigar had dimension to it, flavours were rich and nutty and very enjoyable. Nonetheless, it did not my socks off. I smoked a Trinidad Robusto T later on during the trip and found it to be a much better cigar.

Here's some photos I did manage to take.

post-6763-1290637555.jpg

post-6763-1290637704.jpg

post-6763-1290637711.jpg

post-6763-1290637720.jpg

post-6763-1290637727.jpg

post-6763-1290637733.jpg

post-6763-1290637740.jpg

Yeah, those Trinidads have been great!!! :)

Everyone seems to be iffy on these Behike's. I'm on the fence about even trying them - maybe I'll pick up a stick or two on my next Cuba trip, and go from there.

Thanks for the review/thoughts, and the beautiful pictures. Some cities just have such....character. Beautiful.

• 1 month later...
I have a box of each one, the 52,54, and 56. I so far like the 56 the best. The only problem with the 56 is it's a little large for me, I like a 50-52 sized cigar.

Wow. One box of each? I haven't even seen them in Toronto yet. I do have a sampler coming in from the UK soon.

Great photos, thanks for sharing! The one BHK 54 I tried was smokeable now, but definately not near it's HUGE potential it showed. Very potent cigar that exhibited amazing cohiba honey, cream, grassyiness and an unmistakable wasabi flavor which I attribute to the Medio Tempo, as I have never tasted Wasabi in a cigar before. It was also strong.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
EURO24 is cheapppppppppp! Probably if you took a box, they'd even give you a box discount.

A Behike 52 costs a bomb here in Malaysia, more than double what you paid.

Agreed! I bit the bullet and bought a 56 in London at JJ Fox. Lets just say it hurt my soul a little bit when I looked at the receipt... :dunce:

• 3 weeks later...