Cohiba Atmosphere in Cancun

I'm going to be in Mexico soon and I am considering a visit to Cohiba Atmoshpere. Has anyone been there?

Is it worth the visit? And most importantly, can I bring my own cigars to enjoy? I'm staying in the Mayan Riviera. Is is located in the main Cancun strip or off the beaten path?

Cheers,

Frank

Haven't been to The Cohiba Atmosphere, but was at LCDH at the strip and Caridad gives you the first class treatment.

Bought a few cigars including the Edmundo Dantes and Deliciosos, not cheap but worth it.

Can't help you I am afraid.

Last time I stayed in Cancun I was leading a group of 6 on the way back from Havana. We were in transit, running late (plane delayed) and I asked ken who was processed through ticketing to let the gate know we are right behind him. Last saw Ken waving from the planes window as they took off. I hate Alaska Air.

I was with Sal, Matty and PJ. Stranded. No problem, insurance will cover it.

Booked into a flash hotel on the beach and went to the most expensive restaurant you could find. Lobster/huge steaks/great wines/ aged rums and tried every tequilla ever made.

One of the great nights of all time all secure in the knowledge we were covered by insurance.

Claim denied.

:jester:

Can't help you I am afraid.

Last time I stayed in Cancun I was leading a group of 6 on the way back from Havana. We were in transit, running late (plane delayed) and I asked ken who was processed through ticketing to let the gate know we are right behind him. Last saw Ken waving from the planes window as they took off. I hate Alaska Air.

I was with Sal, Matty and PJ. Stranded. No problem, insurance will cover it.

Booked into a flash hotel on the beach and went to the most expensive restaurant you could find. Lobster/huge steaks/great wines/ aged rums and tried every tequilla ever made.

One of the great nights of all time all secure in the knowledge we were covered by insurance.

Claim denied.

:)

OHHH, MA-A-A-A-N!!! :idea: do I feel for you! So you've got (searching for tiniest fine-print excuses for denying claims) insurance bozos over there too, eh?

I'm going to be in Mexico soon and I am considering a visit to Cohiba Atmoshpere. Has anyone been there?

Is it worth the visit? And most importantly, can I bring my own cigars to enjoy? I'm staying in the Mayan Riviera. Is is located in the main Cancun strip or off the beaten path?

Cheers,

Frank

The tobacco tax and duty in Mexico is beyond belief. Cuban prices are outrageous! There are some freshly rolled Mexican tobacco cigars that they will roll right in front of you. Definitely bring your own smokes (or you will be very sorry!). Please do yourself a favor: pick up a box of Fauxhibas to bring home... :idea:

The tobacco tax and duty in Mexico is beyond belief. Cuban prices are outrageous! There are some freshly rolled Mexican tobacco cigars that they will roll right in front of you. Definitely bring your own smokes (or you will be very sorry!). Please do yourself a favor: pick up a box of Fauxhibas to bring home... :idea:

If the price is right a glass top box can be mine!! :)

For true authentic Edmundo Dantes Conde 109's (if I got that right), if they still are to be had at the LCDH in Mexico, anyone know what the pricing is roughly per stick for those???

I bought my box in May and it ran $750.00, but I have to say the smoke is unreal!

When are you going to be there? I am leaving on January 9th and will be at the Westin for one week, the only reason I chose this location was because of the Cohiba Atmosphere Lounge. There are several you tube videos, it looks awesome! Hope we are there at the same time.

When are you going to be there? I am leaving on January 9th and will be at the Westin for one week, the only reason I chose this location was because of the Cohiba Atmosphere Lounge. There are several you tube videos, it looks awesome! Hope we are there at the same time.

I'm there in December. Staying in a resort in the Mayan Riviera then making a day trip in to the strip.

I bought my box in May and it ran $750.00, but I have to say the smoke is unreal!

Do they exclusively sell by the box now, or is there an opportunity to buy by the stick still? At $30 a stick or so, I'd like to try a couple to see what all the hype is about, and then maybe source out a box. These have definitely been on my must-try list for a while. I had tried one when they first came out a bit ago, when I was just really getting back into cigars a couple years back. But, I don't remember the cigar at all, as I was out with friends at a BBQ, and was more than overindulged on rum & coke and a roast pig. It was a good night, but just wish I had a better memory of the cigar. :confused::blush: It was a gift from a friend who just came back from the Mayan Riviera, and he's only into cigars when I offer them occasionally, so who knows (can't remember) if it was even near an authentic stick.

I'm there in December. Staying in a resort in the Mayan Riviera then making a day trip in to the strip.

Can't wait to hear the review.

Do they exclusively sell by the box now, or is there an opportunity to buy by the stick still? At $30 a stick or so, I'd like to try a couple to see what all the hype is about, and then maybe source out a box. These have definitely been on my must-try list for a while. I had tried one when they first came out a bit ago, when I was just really getting back into cigars a couple years back. But, I don't remember the cigar at all, as I was out with friends at a BBQ, and was more than overindulged on rum & coke and a roast pig. It was a good night, but just wish I had a better memory of the cigar. :confused::blush: It was a gift from a friend who just came back from the Mayan Riviera, and he's only into cigars when I offer them occasionally, so who knows (can't remember) if it was even near an authentic stick.

If you can find them, they will sell them by the stick, I have not found a retailer in Mexico who has any left though.

^ I will second that. Was most recently told by a LCDH proprietor in Mexico that the only ones he had left were his personal stock and they were not for sale. On the other hand, he did tell me that there is a new Mexico RE coming soon.

If you can find them, they will sell them by the stick, I have not found a retailer in Mexico who has any left though.

The LCDH had them last year at this time... $50 each.