Habanos marks the 40th anniversary of Trinidad cigar

Habanos marks the 40th anniversary of Trinidad cigar

Published: 01/12/10

By Mary Jane Pittilla, Brands Editor

post-4-1291231368.jpg

CUBA. Habanos S.A. has introduced a special release celebrating the 40th anniversary of its acclaimed cigar brand Trinidad.

The Trinidad 40th Anniversary Humidor contains 40 Cañonazo size cigars and production is limited to 400 cases. The limited-edition handcrafted product is made of cedar wood with the Trinidad brand logo on the top.

It will be sold in La Casa del Habano shops and is already available at Beirut Duty Free's VIP Lounge.

Trinidad is named after the city of La Santisima Trinidad (The Holy Trinity), listed by UNESCO as a historical monument, which is situated on Cuba's south coast.

The Trinidad Habano itself dates back to 1969, but for many years was only made for gifts to diplomats. It was released for general sale in 1998.

All Trinidad sizes are hand made, long filler and produced with the best leaves from the Vuelta Abajo region.

*With this cigar vitola I think I'll be OK and unhaunted by desire. This particular Trinidad, even the Robusto Extra, just doesn't do it for me. I think it had more going for it when it first debuted in 1998 as the lancero size Fundadores. And that isn't even my preferred size.