Cigar Review - Interview with Ramses

asmith

Slick Oris product placement too! :unsure: Thanks for sharing.

Blowing a gale on upstairs deck so filmed downstairs. The Oris banner hides a window :buddies:

I really enjoyed the interview. In the next one Ramses really enlightens us on some questions many have always wanted to know.

I take it you're smoking freshly rolled cigars? Or did you dig into some special Czar stock?

Thanks for the video Pres

He rolled them a few minutes before coming down. Short Lancero. We go into them a little later on.

Short Lanceros, mmmmmh! Looking forward to the next part.

On a side note: Have to say I am always blown away with all the things you do here at FOH. This video interview, very nicely done. Who does the cutting of the footage?

Cheers mate. Smithy takes all the credit for the cutting. He does a great job with it all.

Well done Smithy. Often overlooked and it shouldn't be :2thumbs:

:huh:;)

Great review, loved the relaxed feeling. B)

The setting reminds me a bit of the Partagas hallway when you first

walk in the factory, or maybe it's just me getting home sick for Havana. :lol:

Looking forward to part II.

P.S. I see that Ramses enjoys the same beer as Ken does on another site. :2thumbs::lol:

great choice of person to interview...

as i watch it, all these questions come to mind ...

pity it's not a live stream taking questions from the audience (idea?). Or we could set up a thread where everyone could post their technical questions about production, and you could select a few to ask the next master roller who comes your way....

Or why don't we just get Ramses or another Master Roller to join the forum so we can leach all that info on tap!!

Or why don't we just get Ramses or another Master Roller to join the forum so we can leach all that info on tap!!

There are a couple of practical issues one being internet is highly restricted out of Cuba :D

Given the political climate that these guys work under it is a tad dangerous for open questions from the floor. Much of what they would be asked they could not comment on.

The next two parts to this series are quite revealing but led in a way so as to not to put Ramses in any difficult positions. I think you will enjoy it.

There are a couple of practical issues one being internet is highly restricted out of Cuba :rolleyes:

Given the political climate that these guys work under it is a tad dangerous for open questions from the floor. Much of what they would be asked they could not comment on.

i thought about this while watching the video. that is another question it brings to mind - what actually is taboo for someone like Ramses to say?

i'm guessing the Altadis taboos would be standard corporate censorship - commercial secrets, anything that brings company into disrepute (e.g. why most Cuaba rollers are so crap) and the Cubatabaco side much the same but for Cuba Inc. - don't knock Raul, the efficiency of the cuban systems etc

maybe you could PM those interested with all the dirt, the censored bits of the interview :)

... or we need a mole inside the system, a foh wikileaker in Habanos. Fidel has nothing left to fear, he'd do the trick!