Padron anniversario

cubanmule7

Hi ladies and gents, a friend of mine just gave me a Padron Anniversario as a gift after giving him one of my RASS'S that he loved by the way.

The Padron is a big one, box pressed and around 6 inches long. I'm not familiar with these and I don't know the name but I know their supposed to be really good.

Question is, I've seen these at the local tobacconist and held them and they feel really dry I couldnt get up the nerve to buy one for $30 US. The one he gave me is also dry. I threw it in the humi thinking it needed some time and some moisture but maybe this is normal for the Padrons......Is it? Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

I just found a Padron Family Reserve 46th Anniversary (Natural) cigar sitting naked in my desk drawer. Must have forgotten about it...its really, really dried out. Bummer.

Padron's naturally seem to have "dry" feel without actually being dry. Even if you keep them in perfect conditions, they'll stay that way.

The Anniversarios are really good cigars. Enjoy it without worry.

I agree...almost a leathery feel to them. A thick robust wrapper to the touch but very tasty indeed!

As a gift, I guess it is OK. I don't particularly care for non-cc's. The only non cuban smoke that I enjoy every now and then is the Oliva Series V Robusto. I have a very refined palate and I am picky with my smokes. I'd prefer a Quintero Brevas over any nicaraguan smoke any time...Cheers

Hi ladies and gents, a friend of mine just gave me a Padron Anniversario as a gift after giving him one of my RASS'S that he loved by the way.

The Padron is a big one, box pressed and around 6 inches long. I'm not familiar with these and I don't know the name but I know their supposed to be really good.

Question is, I've seen these at the local tobacconist and held them and they feel really dry I couldnt get up the nerve to buy one for $30 US. The one he gave me is also dry. I threw it in the humi thinking it needed some time and some moisture but maybe this is normal for the Padrons......Is it? Anyone?

I'd keep it away from cuban cigars......Wouldn't want to cross contaminate...lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have had quite a few Padron's 1964's, Family Reserve 45's and my go to golf cigar the Padron 3000. IMO the anniversary Pardons will not require much, if any aging and are one of the best non CC's out there.

The 80th Annis are pretty good.

Agreed. I like the 80ths. Sheri, nice to see you again, and at FOH...I remember many great contributions from you in another forum...

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with mttlong the tobacco has been aged and ready out of the box under normal conditions. The original release of 45's were great smoked 4 boxes wasn't as impressed with the 46 Anni's but then again there are 18 left to convince me otherwise

Great cigars. The '64 series is more in-your-face in flavor and peppery, the '26 more smooth and refined and sweeter. I haven't had many of the uber-expensive Family Reserve line, but they are extensively aged so shouldn't require more than what it takes to acclimate to your preferred rH.

Recently got a few different higher-end Padrons in a trade (1926s, 80 year, Family Reserve 45 maduro, and 46 maduro) and anxiously am waiting for spring to light them up. One thing that I like about cigars like these, is that since I have to wait a while for my Cuban cigars to really come into their own, brands like Padron provide me with fine smoking in the mean time that is ready to smoke as soon as the cigars acclimate themselves to my humidor!

The 45's in maduro are the best NC's I've ever smoked. The full bodied flavor is the most intense of all of the Anniversary series and the construction is as close to perfect as it is for any cigar. I think the 46's use the same blend, but they aren't as good.

My second favorite Padron after the 45's is the 40's. The 80's are a little spicier, very good but I prefer the similarly sized 40's.