Toronto joining in

tmac77

Hi everyone,

Just thought that I would post up here to introduce myself to the forum. I am from Toronto, Canada. Been smoking cigars off and on for about 5 years and now into it a bit more than just off and on. Looking forward to browsing and hopefully adding something of value to the forum.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another Newbie here from Toronto actually Brampton, just got into the whole cigar world after coming back from my wedding in Cuba and had a few Montecristos and now im hooked, wish i knew i would be hooked i would have brought back some more cigars ohh well next time i go i will grab some for sure, in the meantime if there are any Torontonians out there know where i can get REAL CUBANS cigars in the GTA can you please let me know Thanks Gil

....if there are any Torontonians out there know where i can get REAL CUBANS cigars in the GTA can you please let me know Thanks Gil

Welcome to FOH Gil.

There are a few places to get real Cubans in Toronto. La Casa Del Habano in Yorkville being one. However be prepared to open up your chequebook. :blush: .

Poke around the forums a bit. Click on the link up top that says "Cigar Shop" and look at the selection. The Czar crew will answer any questions you have. Give them some time though. They are contending with some serious floods in their part of Australia right now.

Cheers

Frank

Welcome to FOH Gil.

There are a few places to get real Cubans in Toronto. La Casa Del Habano in Yorkville being one. However be prepared to open up your chequebook. :blush: .

Poke around the forums a bit. Click on the link up top that says "Cigar Shop" and look at the selection. The Czar crew will answer any questions you have. Give them some time though. They are contending with some serious floods in their part of Australia right now.

Cheers

Frank

Thanks Frank I will definitely not be heading anywhere near yorkville unless i win Lotto max lol, I will check out the "cigar shop" and see, have you purchased anything from them??

Thanks Frank I will definitely not be heading anywhere near yorkville unless i win Lotto max lol, I will check out the "cigar shop" and see, have you purchased anything from them??

Hey Gil.

It's not just Yorkville. Cigars in Toronto, Cuban or NonCuban are expensive. :blush: I have purchased from the Czar a few times and have been very pleased. Many other Canadians have too.

Hey Gil.

It's not just Yorkville. Cigars in Toronto, Cuban or NonCuban are expensive. :blush: I have purchased from the Czar a few times and have been very pleased. Many other Canadians have too.

Thanks Frank i look at The Czar and was impressed at what I saw, i will be getting some stuff from there for sure, Thanks Frank I seen that the czar is down under?? how long does it take to ship?? and how do you pay?? credit card? paypal?? etc

Thanks Frank i look at The Czar and was impressed at what I saw, i will be getting some stuff from there for sure, Thanks Frank I seen that the czar is down under?? how long does it take to ship?? and how do you pay?? credit card? paypal?? etc

Credit cards for sure. They can fill you in on more. As for shipping times. So far my goodies have arrived in 10-14 days which is great considering the distance. FYI though. Because of the long trip you'll want to let the stogies rest a while before you light them up. But in my experience, the cigars were well packaged and still passed the pinch test.

Another Newbie here from Toronto actually Brampton, just got into the whole cigar world after coming back from my wedding in Cuba and had a few Montecristos and now im hooked, wish i knew i would be hooked i would have brought back some more cigars ohh well next time i go i will grab some for sure, in the meantime if there are any Torontonians out there know where i can get REAL CUBANS cigars in the GTA can you please let me know Thanks Gil

If you really do need to buy Cubans in the GTA there are a couple of B&M's outside the Yorville area that have some decent sticks. Casablanca at King and Yonge and Cigars for You in Thornhill. As noted by other responces to your question, however, the prices are much higher that the Czar's.

If you really do need to buy Cubans in the GTA there are a couple of B&M's outside the Yorville area that have some decent sticks. Casablanca at King and Yonge and Cigars for You in Thornhill. As noted by other responces to your question, however, the prices are much higher that the Czar's.

Thanks tmac77 i will look into those place for sure, found a place up in Hamilton(well actually the wife did) anyways thanks for all the info guys Gil

......I get all my Cubans from a Native reserve in Belleville. They charge the duty but not the taxes. You will save lots of money shopping there. They also have a website and deliver but I'm not sure if it would be proper etiquette to mention here so hopefully you can find it yourself. I have looked at the czar site and plan on ordering from there and see how it goes because their prices are much better than even the reserve. Anyway goodluck.

I know the one you're talking about. I've used them in the past. If you were buying anything but the big name sticks, the prices were good. They alos gave me my first beatle scare. :P It probably wasn't their fault. But still. No other source gave me that headache. Plus, the Czar beats them on pricing hands down.

I've ordered from there about 4 or 5 times and all have been good experiences. I even drove out there once to pick up some stuff because my kid had a hockey tournament out there. Hell yeah the Czar has way better prices, I definitely plan on ordering from there and hope that all goes well so I can have a reasonable place to buy sticks. I've spoken to Lisa already and she seems really great so it's a good start. Have you ordered from them before?

Clint...

Buy from Czar...not only will you be getting a good price thereby saving money, but you also get the best in personalized and customer service. In addition to the quality cigars you will recieve, you get the peace of mind knowing that the cigars you receive are authentic and have been well cared for. On top of all this, you will be supporting the hosts of our little commune here on the net. Good luck...and remember, you can't go wrong with Czar.

Clint...

Buy from Czar...not only will you be getting a good price thereby saving money, but you also get the best in personalized and customer service. In addition to the quality cigars you will recieve, you get the peace of mind knowing that the cigars you receive are authentic and have been well cared for. On top of all this, you will be supporting the hosts of our little commune here on the net. Good luck...and remember, you can't go wrong with Czar.

Double ditto on the reccomendations from 'thechenman'. Despite only having been a member for a couple of months I have found that the members and moderators here at FOH are a great bunch and service is fantastic.

Always good to intro yourself in the newbie section and to read the rules of the forum. They are in the Discussion Forum "the Water hole"

Looks like we are getting more and more Toronto and Toronto area mambers in here. Maybe when the weather gets a bit better we can get a gathering going.

I've ordered from there about 4 or 5 times and all have been good experiences. I even drove out there once to pick up some stuff because my kid had a hockey tournament out there. ..... start. Have you ordered from them before?

I have a couple of times. Transactions were quick as was the delivery. Customer service was very good too. The pricing for the stuff I wanted to really buy was too high though. I just found the service and pricing at the Czar to be far superior.