Toronto joining in

tmac77

Looks like we are getting more and more Toronto and Toronto area mambers in here. Maybe when the weather gets a bit better we can get a gathering going.

I noticed that too! We did a meet / great this past October at the Drake. Turn out was pretty good. There's a thread in the "Watering hole" forum if you want to take a look. We're looking to do another come March.

I noticed that too! We did a meet / great this past October at the Drake. Turn out was pretty good. There's a thread in the "Watering hole" forum if you want to take a look. We're looking to do another come March.

Yes I heard a rumor that the drake is somewhat cigar friendly. Hope it lasts. Iwill look for the post when the next meetup comes along.

Yes I heard a rumor that the drake is somewhat cigar friendly. Hope it lasts. Iwill look for the post when the next meetup comes along.

It is. There's a few other spots too. The Park Hyatt hotel's rooftop lounge. Obviousy closed in winter. And the rooftop patio at Remy's in Yorkville. Very cigar friendly.

I know the one you're talking about. I've used them in the past. If you were buying anything but the big name sticks, the prices were good. They alos gave me my first beatle scare. :2thumbs: It probably wasn't their fault. But still. No other source gave me that headache. Plus, the Czar beats them on pricing hands down.

Before finding FOH and the Czar, I used to purchase from the "unnamed". I always received good quality products and I found their service to be very good. The only negative for me was the 25 dollar shipping fee on all orders because it made small orders, singles and/or samplers cost prohibitive. Dollar for dollar you can't beat the Czar's pricing (especially right now with our high Cdn dollar), the quality is top class and service is even better. Plus, like others have said, there's our great community which the Czar supports.

It is. There's a few other spots too. The Park Hyatt hotel's rooftop lounge. Obviousy closed in winter. And the rooftop patio at Remy's in Yorkville. Very cigar friendly.

Remy's ! Forgot all about them. I recall many years ago there was a nice cigar lounge in the yorkville area, it might have been either Remy's or Hemmingway's. I have not been there in years so my memory of it is abit of a blur.. is was the 80's afterall.

Like Frank/bundwallah stated, hopefully near the end of March we can do it again. We had a great time there - it was a great venue, great drinks, great food, great company, and even the sights were appetizing. :D

Oh yeah, lots of cigars too. :D

Like Frank/bundwallah stated, hopefully near the end of March we can do it again. We had a great time there - it was a great venue, great drinks, great food, great company, and even the sights were appetizing. :D

Oh yeah, lots of cigars too. :D

I really liked the Drake. But I tell ya...The Park Hyatt rooftop has a beautiful view overlooking U of T and the lake shore skyline. If we can get about 16-20 people we can take over the whole area. They serve great tapas there too. I can't wait for some decent weather. New Years Eve was my last cigar (PSD4) because the weather was so mild.