To Share or Not To Share

OK, time for etiquette again. At our club, about 10% of the guys don't mind sharing cigars to allow others to taste, the other 90% are completely grossed out by this. I spoke with Leo, who is the manager for Rocky Patel not far from where I live, and he states that an average of 15 guys share a single cigar at the factory, and this is quite normal. Obviously if your buddy is a slobbering mess, then sharing is out of the question, but I generally dry lip my cigars so the draw remains consistent throughout the smoke. Seeing as how we have a worldwide membership, I am curious about the way different areas view sharing. OK guys, lets have it...

I don't think it's a matter of ettiquette, but a matter of personal preference.

I don't have a problem sharing a puff or two with a guy at all.

After having been licked by my dogs (who lick all kinds of disgusting things) I don't think there's a hygiene issue. You're more likely to get a contageous illness from shaking hands.

:D:party: Whoa, you guys are a riot with the "slobbering mess" takes! I've only shared a puff one time in my life - and that was with my brother-in-law who was smoking a ???? and I puffed once to get a feel for what & how it was as far as potential quality. That was it, otherwise. I do not make it a habit to suck on other peoples' sticks. That went out during my single digit years when we would attempt to share a sweet & sour lollipop. ;)

I don't share my women and I don't share my cigar. Now if I happen to have an extra laying around I would glady share, as well as offering you whatever I'm smoking ;)

Selfish....LOL :D

I would definitely not share a smoke, but if the person has never had a good cuban cigar, then I would not mind giving them a try after the 2/3rd of the smoke..... ;)

:D:party: Whoa, you guys are a riot with the "slobbering mess" takes! I've only shared a puff one time in my life - and that was with my brother-in-law who was smoking a ???? and I puffed once to get a feel for what & how it was as far as potential quality. That was it, otherwise. I do not make it a habit to suck on other peoples' sticks. That went out during my single digit years when we would attempt to share a sweet & sour lollipop. ;)

Think about it. Someone passes you a smoke and it has tons of "backwash". It is a fine line......

If I have not totally slobbered all over it, and if it is REALLY good, I will offer a puff or two to a friend who would appreciate it. Otherwise, nope.

I would much rather sacrifice a fresh stick to my buddy, than let him draw off my cigar...I don't know many women who smoke cigars, so I haven't been put in the situation yet. Depending on the women, I don't know that I would share.

I would not put up a cigar for a test puff unless it was a close friend and he seemed un-sick. Otherwise, my cigar is my cigar and if I had a second, I'd share that with you. Puff-puff-pass? It'd have to be a pretty darn special stick for me to even consider getting in on it.

Wilkey

I remember a very nice gentleman who I attended a cigar dinner with earlier in the year. After dinner he popped out a Cohiba Sublime LE 2004 to which my jaw almost hit the floor. He offered me several times a puff on it which I was reluctant at first but obliged in the end and was extremely appreciative.

Generally with my smoking buddy we always somke the same thing at the same time so no need for swapping. I have a couple of other cigar buddies who like to swap, if they offer I would rather not be rude but generally don't offer my cigar up for sharing.