Floods update

Sorry Guys and Girls

We have pulled the pin for the day. My family is isolated, roads cut, waters rising in the worst floods in living memory. My family is retreating to higher ground (if needed) which is a neighbour 5m higher up.

Hopefully we will all be back tomorrow. I am stuck here at Czar house with cigars and rum....so I will keep you posted. If anyone is awaiting e-mails it will be 24 hrs at this time.

I spoke to Ken who has abandoned his house but is safe. Plenty of other mates are not so lucky.

Cheers

Rob

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/...0110-19l56.html

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a rotten way to start a new year! The only good thing about these floods are that bushfire season can be officially cancelled.

If there's one thing Aussie are used to it's natural disasters. Here's hoping no more lives are lost, and condolences to the families who have lost loved ones.

Btw Rob, just remember that you can tie a whole bunch of tubos together to make an emergency life raft.

Stay safe!!

Man oh man this is just ridiculous. Here at work we've just received word from several major retailers to discontinue all shipments to QLD until they can figure out which of their stores are actually above water...

Best of luck to the Lisa, Rob et al, Fortitude Valley is not a good place to be at the moment.

The rain seems to have abated here at the moment but I just don't trust the man upstairs.

It seems that we have a let up in the rain and then it all comes tumbling down again.

The authorities are saying ghat we should expect a flood worse then the big one in 1974 over the next couple and that they expect over 6,000 properties to be under water.

To make matters worse we are due for a king tide sometime next week.

Hope you are all doing fine, take care and tell me if I can help with something.

(Rob, using the excuse of the floods to stay drinking and smoking is low! :thumbsup: )

Ken, we've seen your house in the past almost floating, I hope everything goes well with you and your family this time.

Keep us posted guys