Floods update

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The most important thing, of course, is that safety of the Czar immediate and extended families as well all other denizens of the endangered area. My thoughts and prayers are out there for all of you.

As a secondary question that I hope it is not to crass to ask in this time of crisis is whether your buisiness is safe, in that the inventory isn't indanger of being washed away...

I wish you and the czar house with best of luck and safety. I keep seeing the new appear as it is very crazy. I was in a less connected country further away and have just made it home through this winter mess. Seems everywhere you look in the globe something tragic is taking place.

Have a nice cigar, it is a unique occasion- well a saddened one but maybe a nice cigar can calm you down. I hope you all are safe and my prayers with you.

Keeping the whole Czar team in my thoughts. Be safe and I agree with firstlady. Material things can be replaced, family & friends cannot.Be smart/safe and take care of each other.

Just in case a few of you are wondering how close the flood waters are to Czar house, here's the predicted flood pattern (according to Brisbane City Council). The red dot is roughly where Czar House is located.

post-1537-1294803664.jpg

All the best Rob. Bloody La Nina. We've got 24 hour TV coverage down here in Melbourne on all 3 major networks. Supposed to peak at 4.5/5 metres. Let us know if you need any info etc. Keep those stoggies dry.

I was watching the news coverage of the floods this morning. It really does look bad. The thing that surprised me was that i didn't see the rescue teams use boats despite the water being nearly chin high... when the floods get crazy here in Malaysia every year, the sampans and rubber dinghies come out in force...

Aerial pic of the flood in Ipswich.

378290-floods-qld.jpg

That is a horrible sight, but one I've seen before here during Hurricane Katrina.

My prayers go out to all that have been dealing with this event -- it's definitely a life changing event, that's for sure.