***Flood Update 13/1

The waters will commence receding today. The devastation is immense.

I should be able to get back home later this morning via a boat I have arranged. Family and house are fine. Unfortunately we have friends who have lost everything in the area. I will take a few days off to lend a hand in the initial cleaning up of the stinking mud throughout their houses.

Awful story of a 13 year old boy who refused to be airlifted from the bonnet of a car in rising floodwaters until the recuers took his 10 year old younger brother. They did but by the time they looked back to reach him he was swept away and drowned. That is a hero I will remember for a long time.

We will be back on deck at Czars fulltime Saturday morning at this stage. Too many people need a hand, a meal, a shoulder.

I am sure you all understand the need to focus on our friends and family. We all appreciate your good wishes and support and we will get to e-mails as quickly as we can.

Czar house itself has been unaffected and our wharehouse (OLH) is safe. The major issues arise from paralysis of infrastructure and people simply needing a hand.

Thanks again!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stay well and do what you need to do. sad story about the 13 yr old but yet inspiring in a sense that he gave his younger brother life. unsure how many would consider making that choice. reminds me of all the first repsonders who saved and tried to save lives in NYC on 9/11 and died doing so.

praying things improve by the minute

Too many people need a hand, a meal, a shoulder.

The major issues arise from paralysis of infrastructure and people simply needing a hand.

A hand, a meal, a shoulder.

Need has many forms, helping others has only one......... the shape of a heart :blush:

Simply hoping that all goes as well as possible, but it will be difficult.

Take care everyone.

This has had to be extra difficult for you Rob being separated from your family. It will be nice for you all to be together again. "Daddy's Home!" is going to sound SO nice.

I know many are affected and my heart and prayers go out to them all. Hang in there everyone!

Awful story of a 13 year old boy who refused to be airlifted from the bonnet of a car in rising floodwaters until the recuers took his 10 year old younger brother. They did but by the time they looked back to reach him he was swept away and drowned. That is a hero I will remember for a long time.

The story I read about this was that a lot of people were just looking on and did nothing. Until a truck driver, some scrawny old guy, finally took it upon himself to tie off a rope and wade through the water to get to the family. Unfortunately the rope broke before he could save the rest of the family.

That old dude put a lot of people to shame. I can only hope that I have half the courage these 2 showed if my time ever comes.

Im shattered personally, but also glad to hear all the Czar family are ok and safe...

The wife and I have got by during the disaster thus far, but I think I will be jobless come tomorrow/next week. We (my business) scraped through the GFC, but the ongoing financial and lack of supply effects of this disaster will ruin us unfortunately. Six years of work gone.

It could be much worse though, there are people who have lost their lives trying to save children and general public. So we are still counting our blessings. And very thankful.

Friends and family have lost both their livelihood and homes completely in the last 24 hours. The Wife works in insurance and was evacuated from office on Tuesday, couldn't get to work yesterday but this morning was up at 6am as she volunteered to get to a suburban office by boat and 4x4 to help customers in need of someone to just talk to about getting them back on their feet and claims started being processed.

We are 500m from the worst, but the smell coming on the breeze is awful. Also, the shops are empty of most goods if not closed. I was harassed and even had assholes trying to steal bottled water and candles from my shopping cart on Tuesday. Supplies will struggle to get in over the next 2-3 days.

However... the negatives have thankfully been far outweighed by the positives and we will help one another as a community to both survive and rebuild.

Man you guys have got sand. I must applaud all my Oz-bourne brothers for their courage and stoicism through this. God bless you my friends.

I wish I could give more than condolences and well wishes, or hop a plane with some cigars a generator and a shop-vac... something... but I cannot. Keep up the good spirit, I know it must be tough. Know that you have got a bunch of folks pullin' and prayin' for you all around the globe and I am happy to say that you guys have been in my thoughts and prayers constantly the past 24 hours.

-Piggy

Hi Rob

Glad to hear that you are OK and relatively unaffected ,the Cigars can wait there are more important things to attend to at the moment ,like Family and Friends ,my heart goes out to the poor souls in Queensland /Brisbane .

It is times like these that people find out who their real friends are,i only wish i could lend a hand,

as always stay safe and Gods speed in the dark days ahead

And my deepest condolences for those who have lost everything

Cheers Steve :cigar:

Great to hear you and your family are all safe. The whole situation is unbelievable. shocking footage on the news that never ends. If anyone winges about a late order I think they will be hunted down.

thoughts and prayers with all those doing it tough.

Prez - Glad to hear that you and your family made it through. Same to all that work at Czar.

The cigars and emails can wait, there are more important things to take care of, like your friends and family.