Mayan Riviera

tmac77

Went down to the Mayan Riviera, Mexico for my wedding annniversary in 2010 and rented a boat for my wife and I to go out fishing for the day. Plan was; 2 hours of blue water, 2 hours of reef fishing and a two hour shore lunch picnic on an isolated beach. Had 2 cudas' 1 kingfish and this sailfish in the boat within 45 min. Unfortunately my wife was chumming the water with last nights dinner and tequila within 45 min. also. End result our 6 hour trip was called off after an hour and headed back to shore. Despite her condition she managed to squeeze off a shot of the sailfish I got.

post-7608-1294949576.jpg

Went down to the Mayan Riviera, Mexico for my wedding annniversary in 2010 and rented a boat for my wife and I to go out fishing for the day. Plan was; 2 hours of blue water, 2 hours of reef fishing and a two hour shore lunch picnic on an isolated beach. Had 2 cudas' 1 kingfish and this sailfish in the boat within 45 min. Unfortunately my wife was chumming the water with last nights dinner and tequila within 45 min. also. End result our 6 hour trip was called off after an hour and headed back to shore. Despite her condition she managed to squeeze off a shot of the sailfish I got.

grounds for divorce!

terrific fish. what type of gear?

grounds for divorce!

terrific fish. what type of gear?

haha the wife was actually rather good about it. Unintentionally chummed the water pretty good for mev and said we could have stayed out longer. She was starting to turn a greener by the minute so I thought better of the idea of staying out. Gear came with the boat and crew and was not the best especially the reel which had a a sticky drag spooled up with 30 lb test and needed a good cleaning. Rod had no name on it but was longer than a tuna stick pretty stiff and about 8 feet.

Excellent! Did you rent the gear too or did you bring that with you on the trip? Mind me asking about the cost of the boat rental? Planning on doing the same sometime next year.

Boat rental including crew, gear, and non alcoholic drinks was US$600 for 6 hours. However, msot places have a variety of boat sizes and time slots available.