report from rob in flood zone central...

Just got off the phone from rob who is out there in drenched brizzy suburbs, bearing the full brunt of the floods.

He said that since early this morning the water has been nearly waist high and rain is still falling.

The temperature is soaring and the north wind is increasing to near gale force.

He says his wife’s done nothing for hours but look through the kitchen window with a pained expression on her face.

He reckons that if things get much worse, he may have to let her in.

I dropped into Czars this afternoon expecting to see our favorite flood refugee.

I was told that I had just missed him as the roads back to his home had been opened up to 4 wheel drive vehicles only.

As Rob just happens to own one of those he was finally off home.

It may have been a blessing as I was told that due to his three nights away from a shower he smelt like a cross between flood debris and a wet Labrador.

Glad you made it back to the nest old chap.

I hope you found Rancho Relaxo in good order.

Hello Rob and all of our friends in Aussie land,

This tale just gets more tragic by the hour. I do pray for safety for you and your family, and for all of the people affected by this terrible event.

Thank you all too, for keeping us dry landers updated on the current events.

Best wishes,

Curtiss

I dropped into Czars this afternoon expecting to see our favorite flood refugee.

I was told that I had just missed him as the roads back to his home had been opened up to 4 wheel drive vehicles only.

As Rob just happens to own one of those he was finally off home.

It may have been a blessing as I was told that due to his three nights away from a shower he smelt like a cross between flood debris and a wet Labrador.

Glad you made it back to the nest old chap.

I hope you found Rancho Relaxo in good order.

he stayed at my place one night and i know he had a shower - i had to clean up the towels. he stayed at another mate's and should have been able to have one there as well. i think it is just his natural aroma!

actually, he was praying for rain so he had an excuse not to go home.

Brisbane River is home to the densest population of Bull Sharks in the world, so it's little surprise they found their way out into the 'burbs in the flood surge. Just one more reason to stay on dry land!

there was an overseas doc a few years ago on bull sharks and i'm watching and thinking, i know that place. they were filming directly outside a mate's place on the river (which went under in these floods).

the other place on the planet where they are heavily concentrated is apparently around cuba.

Stay safe guy's, a friend of mine posted a video of Bull Sharks swiming in the flood waters of brissy!! GOOD LORD SHARKS I TELL YOU!! SHARKS! Please, watch where you walk. :o

Holy crap, that's like the plot from a crappy B-movie. SHARKS. IN. SUBURBIA.

there was an overseas doc a few years ago on bull sharks and i'm watching and thinking, i know that place. they were filming directly outside a mate's place on the river (which went under in these floods).

the other place on the planet where they are heavily concentrated is apparently around cuba.

Not just cuba, we have them off our beaches. mississippi, alabama and florida coast

Can't imagine going out in the morning on the porch with your coffee and looking out to what once was your street and seeing a dorsal fin of a bull shark go by. I wouldn't feel so tough anymore.

My Father used to work for our supply authority back in the 1950's.

He worked at one of the power stations along the Brisbane river and used to tell me about how the sharks would come up into the warm water races that came out of the power station after the mullet that hung around there.

He had a work mate who used to bring his rifle to work and take pot shots at them.

Can you imagine bringing a rifle to work these days.

I've freedived with many species of sharks and look forward to the experience, except for white sharks, oceanic white tips and especially bull sharks. Have only seen two in the water in high visability but I hate them. Can't trust a fish that can live in salt and fresh water and hunt out prey in zero visability. Stay safe up there Ken and Rob.