Best Burgers?

In my part of the country, the temp now is only in the 20's, there's snow on the ground and grilling in the backyard takes some determination. That said, I LOVE a good hamburger. Here's someone's list of the top 25 burgers in the US.

For me, I love a local chain called Portillo's. They started as a hot dog stand back in the 60's but now have great dogs, burgers, and Italian beef. I've never been disappointed.

http://www.delish.com/food-fun/best-burgers?gt1=47059

Do you have any burger joints that should be added?

+3 :rolleyes:

When visiting family in the Chicago area I always make a stop at Portillo's. I luv the Italian beef and hot dogs.

The best burger in my area is FIVE GUYS.

I've always wondered if burgers have become popular internationally (besides the fast food chains). One of my absolute favorite foods, nothing better in the summer than a cheesburger on a charcoal grill.

I've always wondered if burgers have become popular internationally (besides the fast food chains). One of my absolute favorite foods, nothing better in the summer than a cheesburger on a charcoal grill.

Especially if made with ground lamb. The fat drips into the grill & the flavor remains.

I think Hodad's in San Diego should be on that list. Holeman & Finch in Atlanta should be deleted, I just don't think it's that flavorful of a burger. I'd replace it either with Ann's Snack Bar or Five Guys.

Interesting list with many that I would love to try! The only one on the list that I've tried is the Shake Shack in NYC. Waited in line for over an hour...it was not worth waiting 5 minutes for. Had 100's of better burgers. The best in my area is Melvin's with several locations around Charleston, SC. Emeril Legasse said it was the best burger that he had ever had in an interview several years ago.

Paradise Pup off River Rd in Des Plaines.

The gold standard burger shack.

That's good too. It's 3 blocks from my father in-law's. But I have default to Portillio's :-)

There is quite a big burger boom that has been going on here in Toronto for the last couple of years as gourmet burger joints have been popping up all over the place from the sublime to the extreme. Here is an example of the one of the extreme ones:

Dangerous Dan’s

The Quadruple C (“colossal colon-clogger combo”): a 24-oz. burger topped with a quarter pound of cheese, a quarter pound of bacon, and two fried eggs. Served with a large shake and small poutine. $23.95.

Personally I prefer to make my own and grill them on my wood pellet BBQ smoker/grill.

Take a look HERE for an article on burgers in Paris. There seem to be increasing numbers of places here that serve a pretty good but not so "chic" burgers.

As for the list, I can't add anything but my mouth is watering and I sure could go for a burger right about now.

I think Hodad's in San Diego should be on that list. Holeman & Finch in Atlanta should be deleted, I just don't think it's that flavorful of a burger. I'd replace it either with Ann's Snack Bar or Five Guys.

I agree Hodads is really good but I think Burger Lounge is slightly better.

Jose

Paradise Pup off River Rd in Des Plaines.

The gold standard burger shack.

It's the Merkts cheese that makes it so good :rolleyes: My business is not 4 minutes from there. Very good burger, but I've had better if you can believe it.

Last year Playboy named the countries best burger right in our backyard, Chicago. Kuma's Corner 2900 W Belmont. I told myself I have to try this burger. It's thick and high quality meat, bacon, bun, cheddar cheese, and to top it off a sunny side up egg. When you take your first bite the yoke slimes everything LOL it's VERY delicious. Expect to play victim to a serious food coma.

post-6952-1295398841.jpeg

Like my own the best :drool: I mix shredded cheese and worcestershire sauce with the beef, then form the patties and grill over charcoal.

ditto prefer my own. I add a bit of marmite to mine

It's the Merkts cheese that makes it so good :drool: My business is not 4 minutes from there. Very good burger, but I've had better if you can believe it.

Last year Playboy named the countries best burger right in our backyard, Chicago. Kuma's Corner 2900 W Belmont. I told myself I have to try this burger. It's thick and high quality meat, bacon, bun, cheddar cheese, and to top it off a sunny side up egg. When you take your first bite the yoke slimes everything LOL it's VERY delicious. Expect to play victim to a serious food coma.

post-6952-1295398841.jpeg

Wow. That is certainly something I would like. Thanks!

I've really become a fan of the Red Robin restaurants in Michigan lately. Their "Bleu Ribbon" burger always gets me hot and bothered. A beautiful prime rib, hand made burger, with nice spicey BBQ sauce, crumbed bleu cheese melted on top of the burger, and a huge pile of crunchy french-fried onions layered between the burger patty and the bottom of the bun.

Perfection!

I'm from chicago and for me, I always enjoyed the burger at Hackney's. On a trip to LA I had the pleasure to experience an In and Out burger and yes it was awesome!

The best to me has to be the Veal burger I've had in Buenos Aires, Half pound of veal toped with bacon , lettuce , tomato and onion. :P

Burgers, food of the Gods. There is not much better to eat then a good burger. Living in NYC gives me the opportunity to have great burgers everywhere I go. Every neighborhood has a great burger joint, from Peter Luger (Brooklyn) to 5 Guys (all over the city). We have pub burgers, smashed burgers, fast food burgers and almost fast food burger like Shake Shack (good but overated). A virtual utopia of burgers is NYC. My personal favorites are Luger, Donovans Woodside, Burger Garage, Rub, Burger Joint and so many others. Burgers are almost the perfect food. Pizza is the perfect food. :P