Your favourite cigar music?

Music has played a huge role in my life, so choosing a good album for a cigar is very important to me.

The best feelings for a cigar are brought to me by:

Mulatu Astatke: Yekatit Ethio-Jazz

Mike Oldfield: Amarok

Evergreens of Louis Armstrong

Classical like Mozart and Sibelius

Are you listening to music when smoking and who are your favourite artists and albums for the purpose?

Nothing even comes close to Jimmy Buffett for me. This is the factor which most enhances my smoking experience. When I do break out the big guns...I am on a hammock in St. John looking at the Caribbean ocean. Damn, I can't wait till August! :D

Good question!

For me any of the following works.

Bob Marley (even though his music is associated with the smoking of a different leaf) :lol: Great for relaxing and easing the pace of the cigar.

Gypsy Kings. Great Latin music. Festive. Fun.

Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra. Helps me imagine the days when people weren't so uptight and lived a little.

In general, mid tempo music that melts into the background and does not distract me from the cigar or accompanying beverage. :D

I love to listen to music when smoking, I go through a wide range of genres. Love classic rock, lately with the cold I've had my mind in the islands so Buffett and Marley have been regulars. I also love to mix in some classic outlaw country...Hank, Waylon, Haggard, etc. Great to sit back and listen to the stories that classic country tells while enjoying a cigar and drink.

Nothing even comes close to Jimmy Buffett for me.

X2

I love to listen to Radio Margaritaville while smoking, you get the best of Jimmy (deep tracks and all). Smoked a Monte 1 last night while listening and heard Jimmy cover Lyle Lovett's "If I Had a Boat" (I love the less-mainstream Buffett songs and have my iPod loaded down with them).

i suspect that whatever one enjoys without a cigar, will sound even better with one.

I'm with you, Mr Gargett. But there's something about RyJ in particular that has me reaching for Handel's Water Music.

I haven't found myself of late to have not too much down time with projects left and right.

When I am overlooking the ponderosa for a little inspiration; Jack White, Saboteurs, Stones, Talking heads, Live, Hill Top Hoods, Nick Cave and the bad seeds.

chirping birds and the breeze in the trees :)

Here Here! Me too! HOW can anybody relax to jazz and Metallica??? :blink: I actually seldom listen to music when I smoke - I like good movies and UFC/World's Strongest Man/Bully Beatdown on MTV to enjoy along with. IF I'm gonna listen to music w/my wonderful stogies it would be Enya or Mandy Patinkin B):rolleyes:

whatever one enjoys without a cigar, will sound even better with one

Brilliant!

Nick Cave

oh yeah!

Birds in the trees

+1

My favorite music would have to be;

the sound of a trout stream that's got about an hour to go before a big hatch!

That's real music baby!

Prez I love your Nick Cave reference, one of my fav's. otherwise it's usually blues, blues and maybe some blues/rock mixed in. But for me typically nothing is better than SRV, Albert, BB, etc. etc. and a fine habano..

Really enjoy almost any of the cuban music but primarily like to listen to anything from the Buena Vista Social Club. The elder musicians can really play.

chirping birds and the breeze in the trees :)

I definitely agree with you. Most of the time, I am either reading, or thinking\reflecting. If smoking with friends, drinking...I guess Music hasn't made it into my cigar experience yet!

For me, whether I'm in the company of friends or on my own, I prefer to smoke, like Colt, to the sounds of nature. The wind rustling through the trees a rabbit or deer scampering through the brush, birds chirpping, or the crackling of a fire. When I'm not conversing this allows me to relax, meditate on my day and focus on the cigar. If I do require a distraction when I'm on my own, I'll usually watch a movie.