How may Cigars do you smoke a week?

How may Cigars do you smoke a week?  

214 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That was actually a tough one for me to get right. But I guess it would average out to 3-4 a week.

Living in Canada my cigar smoking is quite seasonal due to the cold winters. As soon as warmer weather hits especially if there is golf involved I can get up to 4 or 5 in one day.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average 3 or 4 a week, sometimes less, sometimes more. But when I'm back in Europe I can smoke between 1 and 5 a day depending on what I do that day. I'm only back home for two months a year during summer vacation, so I tend to travel Europe with a friend or my girlfriend visiting cigar shops and smoking at every occasion. Also we BBQ a lot during summer so a smoke is always at hand.

The fact that I'm away from my humidor for 10 months and see boxes and singles I had long forgotten makes the summers so much more exciting each year B)

It's too dam cold out to smoke more and they will not let me smoke in the House!!!

Wow... my smoking has progressed. Not so long ago it was 1-2 a week. Now I have at least 1 a day, sometimes 2-3 a day depending on what's going on. Most of the time if I have multiples in a day they are smaller like the Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos or something of that size.

I have backed off some and do 2-3 per week. I use to smoke one a day, then had a horrible series of colds that kept me from smoking for over 3 weeks. When I smoked my first, after that time, it almost tasted better than any before. So I'll usually smoke one during the week, one on the weekend but sometimes two. For me, I believe, this keeps my palette fresh enough and the cigars taste great.

i been a regular smoker for more then 3 years, and been smoking aroun 3 to 5 cigars a week. The other they I got curious and wonder how many cigars are you smoking each week (the truth is the wife has been telling me that I'm starting to smoke to much :) ).

I don't know if this poll has been made before, but I would really like to know :lol:

Also how many cigars do you think it's to much?

Really good question.

All long time cigar smokers need to ask themselves this question at one time or another. I think "too much" needs to be examined against three parameters: money, time, and health.

Only you know the answer to the first two. If you are maxing our your credit cards and/or hiding from your wife to smoke, you might be smoking too much. (Please read in your best Jeff Foxworthy voice)

As far as the health aspect goes here is my take. Smoking is like any other indulgence. You have to pay for it, usually through sweat equity. We all know what happens when we eat too much. We either hit the gym or get fat. The effects of cigars must be countered with cardio exercise. Although only about 5% of the smoke will hit our lungs we still need to exercise and burn off the "richer and finer things in life we love", if for no other reason to value them more and so that we may do them all over again and for a longer period of time. I found a nice balance using boxing and jumping rope 3-4 days a week as my "counter-balance" measure.

some weeks it is 3-4 (which i voted for), others is more, example a nice saturday i may smoke 3 over the course of the day. Winter gets pretty cold here in the middle of Canada, but fortunately for me in my smoking room that means very little so i don't have to stop smoking during some times in the year like some folks :D

Hahaha...up until two months ago (before I discovered buying online from the USA) I used to smoke maybe 10 in a year! Now I'm up to 5 or 6 in a week and that is mostly only on the weekends. I have a heated garage, so the winter can kiss my ass. Winter is brewing season for me...goes excellent with smoking.

My opinion would be that anything beyond 3 a day would maybe be excessive...but then again I consume in the neighbourhood of 20-30 beers in a week so who am I to judge?

Hahaha...up until two months ago (before I discovered buying online from the USA) I used to smoke maybe 10 in a year! Now I'm up to 5 or 6 in a week and that is mostly only on the weekends. I have a heated garage, so the winter can kiss my ass. Winter is brewing season for me...goes excellent with smoking.

My opinion would be that anything beyond 3 a day would maybe be excessive...but then again I consume in the neighbourhood of 20-30 beers in a week so who am I to judge?

the same happened to me when I smoked Dominans... stupid habanos that take my money :frown:

the same happened to me when I smoked Dominans... stupid habanos that take my money :frown:

That's my problem right now...I desperately want to buy a sampler box of Cubans but these ridiculous deals on the non Cubans keep picking away at my wallet!