bolivar no 3

Matt Day

does anyone else like theese i t hink at the price althougth they cant be a daily smoke atm its s omthing thtat i do enjoy if i am having a cigar in the morning paticuly withn a pot of java coffee.

I've smoke quite a few of these tubos and have really enjoyed them. A good smoke at a very good price.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Tubos certainly have their raisons d'être. They make for a great "grab it and growl" (GIAG?) to throw in your pocket on the run or gift to someone who'll appreciate having a souvenir left when the cigar itself is only ashes... and the Boli tubos are good 'uns!

But, given that the tubes themselves add a little premium to the price, I'd be more likey to, for example, stock in BPC's over the Boli #2's for at-home daily smokes. Still, it's nice to have some tubos on-hand for the purposes outlined above... and they're certainly a consideration when buying singles where condition of loose sticks is otherwise questionable (thinking hotel bar, for instance).

• 6 months later...

Just smoked a few 2014 #2s last week and they were great. As good or better than the 13 and 14 PCs I've had but the price is so much higher for the damn tubes. I love tubes but I hate to pay extra for them!

I would love to try recent #3s although they're slightly harder to find than the #1 or #2. I love the #3's vitola (Placeras, 34 x 125) for a long-filler Bolivar. And I tend to dislike a box press so it's a great option IMO.

I think the tubes are worth the premium. The flavors are different (possibly due to the cedar) and I prefer a smoke without the box press and the tubes provide that.

Fortunately for the pocketbook, there aren't that many regular production Bolivar sizes so it is easy to stock up on every Vitola including the Tubes.

I picked up some recent #3s from our host a 6 months ago and they were fantastic right off the truck. ULA AGO 14