Excellent Cohiba lighter(s) i bought on ebay.

Black Cohiba lighter.

ok so heres the story...

i was on the lookout for a cheap torch lighter to take out with me or for when im out of the country.

so i went to ebay and bought a cohiba dual flame torch lighter from that same seller (different in style to the one above)

it appears he has none left so ill post pics of it when i get the chance, its not the best looking lighter but it performs superbly and the build quality for the price is sensational.

this led me to purchase that black cohiba lighter in the link above, same story: absolutley solid build quality and performance is sublime, the little mirror in the cap is actually a fantastic little feature and the built in cigar punch? again i have no complaints with, although i cut all my sticks. it looks amazing, works brilliantly and im totally delighted with my purcahses.

the above lighter also comes in matt chrome.

i use a st dupont maxijet as my main lighter and im no stranger to a quality product, but this cohiba lighter is cheap and gets the job done with the same efficiency.

hope you boys like it.

Lol reading that back if im honest it does sound like a plug lol the lighters are from china mate.

Dont worry im a shameless irish guy living in belfast, im a serial lurker and havent made much posts. Another belfast forum user by the name of gary i think will vouch for me this isnt a cheap plug. Just thought id share is all...

Lol reading that back if im honest it does sound like a plug lol the lighters are from china mate.

Dont worry im a shameless irish guy living in belfast, im a serial lurker and havent made much posts. Another belfast forum user by the name of gary i think will vouch for me this isnt a cheap plug. Just thought id share is all...

No problems but you did have me guessing :D

The secret to a cigar lighter is if it lasts the test of 100's of lights and refills. Keep us in the loop!

The secret to a cigar lighter is if it lasts the test of 100's of lights and refills.

Right on, Boss. This has been the least satisfactory aspect of my cigar experience - I've never had a decent lighter! Trashed: Colibri, Prometheus, Xikar and a host of lesser lights. Zippo's "Blu" lighter is a clunky chunk festooned with cutting edges.

Can't seem to find a happy medium between a lighter being slender enough to carry comfortably in a trouser pocket and capacious enough not to need constant refilling. (Which then raises QC considerations on butane gas, as discussed in another recent thread.)

Then there's the windproof blue-jet welding torch vs the soft yellow flame of those disposable "Bic" lighters, nice for the cigar but awkward to hold lit for the time it takes to warm one to life. When I have the luxury of a quiet, windless indoor environment, give me a long match anytime.

It is the opposite end of the price scale, but I have been having great success with a Xikar lighter. I bought a few when they were released with Havana cigar labels imbedded in the sides. It is a torch. I forgot what they cost, there are people on here who sell them, if they are still available. Maybe $200.00. These lighters have WAY outlasted all of my Dunhill lighters. They have outlasted all my standards by far, which are Dunhill, ST Dupont, Blazer (the real cheap workhorse), BIC, Bugatti, etc.. The flame shape and heat is one of my favorites for cigars too.

Rehman, try a PB-207. I've yet to have a problem with mine. Not the prettiest looking lighter, but functional. If you want something that looks better, they also make the EVO. I've got both and my only issue with the EVO is it's a pain in the ass to fill! Though it might just be mine.... or I'm incompetent! :D

PB-207

4139AHS8oYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

EVO

blazer-evo-butane-refillable-torch-lighter-blue.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the PB-207 (Blazer). It was my old standby. It costs less than the Xikar and has a more directional flame. I just looked on a cigar accessory site I like and the Xikar is only about twice the cost of the Blazer. The Xikar has lasted well over twice any PB-207 I have owned. I have been through about 15 PB-207's over the years. They die.

Thanks for the recommendation, Fuzz, but Don Candido's right:

They die.

Hereabouts, we can get knock-offs of this lighter very cheaply; I've almost adopted them as disposables. They work well when they work. Then they die.

There is nothing wrong with the PB-207 (Blazer). It was my old standby. It costs less than the Xikar and has a more directional flame. I just looked on a cigar accessory site I like and the Xikar is only about twice the cost of the Blazer. The Xikar has lasted well over twice any PB-207 I have owned. I have been through about 15 PB-207's over the years. They die.

Damn! Guess I'll just have to carry around my other lighter...

9668.jpg

Just gotta figure out if I can get a holster for it. :lookaround:

umm, no offense, but those die too.

Argh! That's it! I've had it!!

I'm getting me a flint, some kindling and a rag soaked in pitch! And if you tell me that dies too, so help me... :lookaround::lol3:

You know, now that I think about it, all the lighters I use eventually die. I have not seen a single one which does not. I am just currently impressed with the Xikar havana lighters. They actually have never died on me yet. I have a few. I am sure soon after this post, the one I have been using will give out... Still, they seem to be impressive was my main point.

The Blazer PB-207 is still a great, practical choice (for something which fits in your pocket!)

Cheers,

DC

Argh! That's it! I've had it!!

I'm getting me a flint, some kindling and a rag soaked in pitch!

Or some of those camel-dung things that old geezer wrote about so lovingly in that venerable book.

At least I wasn't the one who couldn't figure out how to release the safety catch on my PB. Where are ya Elie?! :snooty:

I prefer the older model PB207s without the safety lever. They're still around if you look a bit harder.

I prefer the older model PB207s without the safety lever. They're still around if you look a bit harder.

The safety lever is VERY easy to remove. Just snap off or cut off the tab. It is not hard to do. I think the body styling on the older models was less rounded/more square on the gas button. There are minor differences besides the safety tab.