La Escepción back in 2011

Diadema s.p.a. the Habanos distributor for Italy has announced that (one) of the Regional Editions for 2011 will be the La Escepción Selectos Finos, a 38 x 166 parejo, in boxes of 25.

La Escepción is a Discontinued brand, that was introduced Pre-revolution in the 1850s. Production decreased in the 1980's and eventually discontinued 1989.

No mention if this is a one-off or if the brand is being reinstated.

yes id be intrested to try :teacher: paticuly as this brand had a reputatoin for being strong

I had smoked the Cazadores Miramar which was a Lonsdale from La Escepcion, in the late 70's.

If I remember well, they were very strong cigars but great tasting, even stronger then the old RyJ Casadores

of the old days. Even though they were from the house of HdM, they had nothing in commun.

In my opinion, La Escepcion could age for at least 20 years and still be very young, that's how

strong their aging potential was. :pig:

Diadema s.p.a. the Habanos distributor for Italy has announced that (one) of the Regional Editions for 2011 will be the La Escepción Selectos Finos, a 38 x 166 parejo, in boxes of 25.

La Escepción is a Discontinued brand, that was introduced Pre-revolution in the 1850s. Production decreased in the 1980's and eventually discontinued 1989.

No mention if this is a one-off or if the brand is being reinstated.

Trevor,

Has Diadema released any new info recently? Is there a projected release date?

Trevor,

Has Diadema released any new info recently? Is there a projected release date?

It's listed in their price list emailed out today. No other information that I have seen.

OOHHHH!!! I would LOOOVVVEEE to get hold of that brand and especially any Regional something that can't be easily obtained here!! :D:lookaround:

Probably the only release I'll actively seek out this year. I have a lot of cigars, but none of this brand. I was lucky to have a couple a few years ago & they were excellent- very strong for a cigar over 20 years old.

Up to my info this will be regular production if the RE will go well. Do you doubt?

This release makes me nervous to be honest. HSA has done a very good job over the years with the RE hype. Some have been home run and some have been duds. With this being a special release of a discontinued brand the hype is going to be (already is) enormous. Which I'm sure is exactly what they intended. So I expect a hefty price tag on these - if you are lucky enough to procure any. And with so few of us actually having tried a La Escepcion, how are we to know if these are like the originals?

Having said all of that, if I have the opportunity to get any, I'm sure I'll bite. :2thumbs:

This release makes me nervous to be honest. HSA has done a very good job over the years with the RE hype. Some have been home run and some have been duds. With this being a special release of a discontinued brand the hype is going to be (already is) enormous. Which I'm sure is exactly what they intended. So I expect a hefty price tag on these - if you are lucky enough to procure any. And with so few of us actually having tried a La Escepcion, how are we to know if these are like the originals?

Having said all of that, if I have the opportunity to get any, I'm sure I'll bite. :2thumbs:

No way they can be like the original. Those strain of tobacco are no longer grown. I'd still like to get some.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldnt get too excited about these. There is no way..none, that these will resemble the original LaEscepcion blend from the 80's. Its impossible. This is just a clever marketing gimmick by the distributor using the name to stand out.