Is Nothing Sacred!?!

unbelievable. As a fellow Ontarian I am dismayed that the LCBO, the largest buyer of wine in the world, would lack so much in their controls that they would allow this to occur.

unbelievable. As a fellow Ontarian I am dismayed that the LCBO, the largest buyer of wine in the world, would lack so much in their controls that they would allow this to occur.

Exactly. The Province gets to have this monopoly and can't even get it right. Bloody shameful.

*I just saw handsome Robert Pattinson on Jay Leno tonight, prompting me to state..."I do not drrrink - wine!" ;)

This is nothing. I've heard stores of entire box cars going "missing". There are no controls whatsoever at the KGBO. Don't even get me started on how why a monopoly is advertising (especially since they wouldn't pass on the tax savings from the HST to consumers because it would be socially irresponsible to lower the cost of liquor in this province). Just a couple of reasons I buy almost all of my wine in the U.S.

This is nothing. I've heard stores of entire box cars going "missing". There are no controls whatsoever at the KGBO. Don't even get me started on how why a monopoly is advertising (especially since they wouldn't pass on the tax savings from the HST to consumers because it would be socially irresponsible to lower the cost of liquor in this province). Just a couple of reasons I buy almost all of my wine in the U.S.

I've heard a few weird stories about the shenanigans that go on there. Stuff like cases not getting counted properly. Whole box cars wouldn't surprise me. Their inventory system is notoriously bad and I suspect its on purpose. I've gone to stores looking for a wine and the web says the location has 185 bottles yet the shelves are empty and the staff say they never saw it come in.