What should I get from Cuba

My friend is going to Cuba and she agreed to bring me back the maximum allowed(100) I need some suggestions from the peanut gallery ;) .I have some good CC but would like to try something different.

I have

EL 2010 except for the Trinidad

EL 2009 magnum 48

HdM epicure especial

Partagas 898

series D no 4

series P no 2

ReJ short churchill

Monte no 2

I like them medium to full body... not to full and would like to age some maybe

so BOTL I need your help :lol:

My friend is going to Cuba and she agreed to bring me back the maximum allowed(100) I need some suggestions from the peanut gallery ;) .I have some good CC but would like to try something different.

I have

EL 2009 magnum 48

HdM epicure especial

Partagas 898

series D no 4

series P no 2

ReJ short churchill

Monte no 2

so BOTL I need your help :lol:

Here are some of my favourites :

Cohiba Robusto

Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios

Montecristo Edmundo

Bolivar Belicosos Finos / Royal Corona

Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme

Ramon Allones Specially Selected

Ramon Allones Gigantes

When I travel to Cuba, my purchases are usually premium/rare/aged boxes. I want to take advantage of what is available there that I can't easily find outside of Cuba. I tend not to go with a list as it always seems to change once I get there. ;)

The problem is that I want to make it easy for my friend if I could take the time to look for some hard or old stuff I would, but this time I'm thinking more stuff that is good but not to hard to find I will be sending a list of 12 to 15 choices so if she can't find one there are plenty of back-ups

**Hey, man!! You're in the real Land of Oz...you're ON the Yellow Brick Road! INSTEAD of getting all the stuff you can get while out of Cuba....you need to get with those folks who are able to harber and save the REAL, rare, unable-to-be-obtained stuff that THEY keep in those rooms or in "safe stalls" so to speak, of truly aged, home made, rare, discontinued, specially made sizes and blends of old world, specially kept Cuban cigars. Celebreties and privately invited visitors get hold of such when they go through there. And of course we're talking about knowing and getting past the "My cousin works in," and "My brother knows the manager..." type of thing. I read about big name, monied individuals who leave the island with these priceless, never to be seen again treasures. Do that while you're there. And then tell us all about it!! ;):lol:

Jars, Jars, Jars - Noellas, P1, LGC Deliciosos - that's what I would be getting.

+1 to this.

Also, i would bring back at least a few dozen custom rolled cigars, from famous rollers in the various La Casas.

In the more run of the mill category...

and gauging your likes

For ageing H upmann no2,boli beli fino,any LGC,as I think they're going....

for smoking Partgas p1,la punta,some good Churchills.....

My friend is going to Cuba and she agreed to bring me back the maximum allowed(100) I need some suggestions from the peanut gallery :2thumbs: .I have some good CC but would like to try something different.

I have

EL 2009 magnum 48

HdM epicure especial

Partagas 898

series D no 4

series P no 2

ReJ short churchill

Monte no 2

so BOTL I need your help :huh:

And to go with it a nice bottle of Santiago Rum ;)

Try to score a couple Cuban girls...

post-6952-1300538298.jpg

*Hey - do you think that lady who was the "poster woman" for that real, Real, REAL BIG custom rolled cigar sticking out of her mouth that Nick Perdomo used on his fat custom Nicaraguan is still around? Maybe she'd be excited to know about the new "fame" she has! Of course, if she's gone on to her reward maybe there are acquaintences of hers in the factory still around! You never know! :hungry:

When I travel to Cuba, my purchases are usually premium/rare/aged boxes. I want to take advantage of what is available there that I can't easily find outside of Cuba. I tend not to go with a list as it always seems to change once I get there. :)

I think this would be good advice if you are going but if a friend who knows little about cigars is going then its a bit of a long shot. My suggestion if you are sending a "Cigar Donkey" give them a list of at least twice as long as the number of boxes you want back, prioritize the list, and give them clear instructions as to buying do's and don'ts. Dont assume they know anything that you do. I had many people bring me back cigars from Cuba and the last thing I want them doing while they are there is running around trying to find cigars for me when they should be enjoying their vacation.

As for suggestions, you suggest you like medium to full body but you are missing Bolivar from your list. You have several Robusto's on you list so definately try the Royal Corona's or maybe the Belicosos Finos.

Good Luck!

G

Bring back lots of customs, she can get them from one of the great rollers demonstrating in any major factory.

I have never brought back any box of regular brand boxes when I went to Cuba,

why do I have to travel so far if it's to bring back a box of any brand I can get at home . :cigar: