The cigar you just don't get

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the original release of the Partagas P2's, I've never been impressed with them since.

The H.Upmann Mag 46 seems to be the most popular and talked about Corona Gorda out there right now. But I just can't get into the the flavor profile of them. Which is too bad for me, as I like the Corona Gorda size and the Upmann line.

Also the RyJ Churchill is another cigar that hasn't done anything for me either.

... almost any robusto. They are overproduced and underwhelming. Of course there are individual exceptions. It is not as though I have never smoked a good robusto. They just generally lack the care in building of the limited production cigars I usually smoke. I do like a JL #2 now and again, and a couple of the Hermoso #4's here and there, but otherwise I think the robusto has been dumbed down to a novice cigar. -Piggy

For me it's the Monte 2....Although I haven't had a ton, and maybe I've just gotten the "miss" side of the hit or miss.....

I do have a good looking box from 08 in my online locker here, so hoping that turns around.

Besides the original release of the Partagas P2's, I've never been impressed with them since.

May be that is it (for those that don't like the PS2) ? I have not had recent production but the first releases, within about a year or release, are really, really good cigars. But it took sometime for them to get there.

Anyone else notice this, or had a contrary experience?

PASS on the RASS

RYJ is a Why Bother

Cohiba is a "No Thanks" as well

I'll agree completely here but add Hoyo. Nothing in this line has done much for me. (except maybe the petit robusto) I like that little cigar for some reason! :cigar:

You all will think I'm crazy but Trinidad Robusto Ts don't do anything for me. I know they are a high quality habano but I just do not get much taste out of them.

I know so many think they are the best robusto out there...

+1 I tried 3 and didn't like either one of them. I am sticking with Fundadores and Reyes.

While I "get" and enjoy most of the stuff mentioned here, including the PSD4, I do have to agree that it's a giant "mehhhhh" for me when it comes to the PSP2. Even though I'm really a decent fan of certain piramides and robustos, I just don't get anything enjoyable from the PSP2. It's definitely a bypass one for me usually.

I've never been excited with the PSD4 as well. Although there has been a lot of talk about the 2010 vintage being stellar. So I bought a hand picked box from El Pres, March 2010. You know, the boxes filled with sticks that reek in aroma and sticks so oily in the right light they look wet. They've been resting for a couple months and I plan on letting the rest a bit more before I begin to sample. If there's any chance I'm going to finally "get" these this has got to be it.

This will not bode well with most but I don't get

-any monte i've had (have not had the especial)

-any modern punch

-most bolis (except the alemania regional), just don't get the love for them

-any ryj (enjoyed short churchills when I first started smoking CCs but it is a novice cigar)

-psp2 (though I love partagas as a whole and love the p1)