The Ultimate Visiting Cuba Thread.


Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a recent list of rollers that was put together. See credits below. Roller || Address || Notes Alejandro Gonzalez Arias || Hotel Comodoro Cigar Shop at 3ra Ave. & Calle 84, Playa || Repl

Here is a post from TA I did in response to a guy that had the same question. I talked to him after and the big key is to take a duffle or backpack so you can bypass the baggage wait and you will only

If you are staying at a casa, call them and ask them if there is anything in particular they need. Also you can't go wrong with basic necessities like toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, clothes

On 2/20/2016 at 4:21 AM, bundwallah said:

Here's a recent list of rollers that was put together. See credits below.

Roller || Address || Notes
  • Alejandro Gonzalez Arias || Hotel Comodoro Cigar Shop at 3ra Ave. & Calle 84, Playa || Replaced Santos. Word is good on his sticks.
  • Leopoldina Gutierrez aka 'La China' || Partagas LCDH at Calle Industria #520, Centro Habana || Great personality, excellent roller. Get whatever you can. She can't roll as much as she used to.
  • Yolanda Medina || Hotel Melia Habana LCDH at 3ra Ave. between Calle 76 & 80, Playa || Classy lady. Piramides are her signature roll. Blends are on the sweet side.
  • Maria || Quinta y 16 LCDH at 5ta Ave. and Calle 16, Miramar || Unknown to me.
  • Jorge Lopez || Club Havana LCDH at 5ta Ave. between Calle 188-192, Playa || Worth the visit for his Monsdales alone. His new Robusto Largo is also a winner.
  • Reynaldo Gonzalez & Jorge || Conde de Villanueva LCDH at Mercaderes #202 corner of Lamparilla, Habana Vieja || Another master roller. Known for rolling monster sized cigars. Full bodied blends.
  • Juanita Ramos Guerra || Hotel Melia Cohiba LCDH, at Paseo Ave. between Calle 1 & 3, Vedado || Ask about her Elefantes. Short, chubby cigars, packed with flavour.
  • Milagro Morales || Hotel Nacional LCDH at Calle 21 & O, Vedado || Unknown to me, but a stop for a smoke here is a must.
  • Arnaldo Alfonso Ibanez || Hotel Palco LCDH at 146 Ave. between Calle 11 & 13, Playa|| Great old guy. Can do it all. I like his shaggy foot Lanceros myself.
  • Cueto || El Morro Castle. La Habana del Este, Havana, Cuba || Roller of the world's longest cigar (268.4 ft Guinness record).
Credits:
* List: Matteo Speranza for Cigar Inspector
* Notes:My own.

Anyone know if there are any changes to this list from 2016? I will be in Havana after Christmas for a week and looking to purchase some customs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

1. Your favourite Hotel (nominate the city it is in)

Iberostar la Habana because of the great lobby, breakfast.

5. Your favourite Paladar or Govt restaurant for dinner

Pizzeria downtown Habana, dont remember the name but home made and everyone knows it.

6. Your favourite Bars

La casa de la Musica in Trinidad: outside, good music and ambiance, beautiful spot.

8. Favourite places to purchase cigars

Been to many...LCDH at the old Partagas Factory where I ve seen the most stocks available.

9. Favourite place to enjoy cigars

Roof top of Iberostar hotel for the incredible view.

10. Must sees during a stay.

Vinalès, the region the people, the nature, the tobacco finca.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 3:03 AM, Lunettesman said:

1. Your favourite Hotel (nominate the city it is in)

Iberostar la Habana because of the great lobby, breakfast.

5. Your favourite Paladar or Govt restaurant for dinner

Pizzeria downtown Habana, dont remember the name but home made and everyone knows it.

6. Your favourite Bars

La casa de la Musica in Trinidad: outside, good music and ambiance, beautiful spot.

8. Favourite places to purchase cigars

Been to many...LCDH at the old Partagas Factory where I ve seen the most stocks available.

9. Favourite place to enjoy cigars

Roof top of Iberostar hotel for the incredible view.

10. Must sees during a stay.

Vinalès, the region the people, the nature, the tobacco finca.

 

Parque Central, Havana. Pricy, but live music all weekend, a nice little shop upstairs and walking distance to everywhere. Awesome breakfast buffet featuring the worlds greatest croissant!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Parque Central, Havana. Pricy, but live music all weekend, a nice little shop upstairs and walking distance to everywhere. Awesome breakfast buffet featuring the worlds greatest croissant!


If you get the Parque Central as part of a package it is heavily discounted. Most people staying there are doing it that way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

The problem with Cuba is they don't have a vaccine ready as they have told the world. The first 3 were failures. The 4th one SOBERANA-2 is still in its testing stages and they will most likely be at it for the rest of the year. Because of national pride they wont accept the US or European versions. They owe the Russians too much, from bad deals in the past to take on their version. So they'll just keep stumbling around in the dark in the hopes of finding a solution. Meanwhile everyone will keep getting sick and these continuous shutdowns will happen. John

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 11:29 PM, Fuzz said:

Cuba may end up with either of the 2 Chinese vaccines, if their own vaccines fail.

China is in kind of the same marketing boat. They say they will supply vaccines for 27 countries. When the AP asked them for the list, they didn't have one. They have manipulated the data on their vaccines, efficacy rates in the 90%'s have tumbled down to the 70%'s and then 51% according to Brazil. They are also trying to hide behind the facade of: "We don't want to make money, we just like to help people". The two Chinese manufacturers cant produce sufficient vaccines for their people in a years time, but they are going to supply the rest of the world. Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted a pair of Siglo VI for every vaccine. John

Link to post
Share on other sites

All 7 flights from MIA-HAV were cancelled today on American. Received a call from them about my upcoming flight 3/5 and all flights are cancelled for the month of March. The agent told me you still have to quarantine in your room if you want to go in April. Cuba is looking to vaccinate locals starting June or July. John 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JohnnyO said:

China is in kind of the same marketing boat. They say they will supply vaccines for 27 countries. When the AP asked them for the list, they didn't have one. They have manipulated the data on their vaccines, efficacy rates in the 90%'s have tumbled down to the 70%'s and then 51% according to Brazil. They are also trying to hide behind the facade of: "We don't want to make money, we just like to help people". The two Chinese manufacturers cant produce sufficient vaccines for their people in a years time, but they are going to supply the rest of the world. Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted a pair of Siglo VI for every vaccine. John

Just a little quid pro quo. I'll give you all these doses of the vaccine, you let me build that super highway right through the middle of your country.... and you will also pay us to use that highway that we now own.

Nothing suss there...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If you are only just picking up smoking cigars as a hobby, I wouldn't even bother trying to age anything. Go buy a bunch of samplers and work out what you actually like first. Asking what to age is like asking how long is a piece of string. If you have no idea what you like, you are just wasting your coin on buying cigars to age.

As for going to Cuba, you really wanna be going there now?! :wacko:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Four of us had tickets on AA from Columbus OH to Miami to Havana to depart on 10/9 and return on the 16th. Today AA canceled our flights and informed us that Cuba is not allowing any flights from the US. We knew the trip was off as not being  a good time to go and were planning on using the money spent for trip somewhere else. But this still came as somewhat of a surprise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.