Upmann Connie 1 or Juan Lopez 2

urufu

Upmann Connie 1 vs Juan Lopez 2  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They have same price...to my taste I cannot prefer one to another, I like both :2thumbs: . Having to make an investment for future smoking, what would you choose (according to your experiences and how they age)?

H. Upmann Connaisseur 1 (ABR 07 ROA) colorado wrapper & slightly oily

Juan Lopez Selecciòn 2 (DIC 09 BTR) dark colorado wrapper & much oily

While the JL sounds like a better cigar from the wrapper description - in terms of aging potential, I sitll went with the HUp Connie 1 as I just can't get into the JL marca. They do have a lot of fans though...I'm just not one of them. That said...I'm not that much of a Connie 1 fan either, but I prefer them to the JL2s.

Hopefully this thread will get moved as neither of these cigars would classified as cheap & chearfull.

While I'm a big fan of the H. Upmann line. The Connie No.1 dosen't do much for me. I was gifted a recent J-Lo No.2 at the lounge and it was pretty good. My friend that gave it to me said he's ordered a few boxes of recent J-Lo No.2's and they have all been on.

Thanks for your help!

Hopefully this thread will get moved as neither of these cigars would classified as cheap & chearfull.

I messed up ... writing while I was reading another topic :lol:

While I'm a big fan of the H. Upmann line. The Connie No.1 dosen't do much for me. I was gifted a recent J-Lo No.2 at the lounge and it was pretty good. My friend that gave it to me said he's ordered a few boxes of recent J-Lo No.2's and they have all been on.

JL 2 09 I've seen are very attractive

• 3 weeks later...

Hello mates,

I am an avid JL Sel 2 herfer and by far, with a little aging, you get a good puro for the buck.......50 inch ring guage......This bad boy can go up against some the more Mainstream brands in the Robusto category. Always my favorite everyday smoke....Now, I have to save up for he grand-daddy of all Cohiba Behike 56!!

Cheers,

J-LO????? Jennifer Lopez, we all wish!! (lol)

Personally, the JL2 is one of my top Robusto choices - but I generally try to put a little down time on them. Without it, they are a little wild (like a stallion, and sometimes have a real kick). With age, they can have some fantastic flavor that I find unique to the Marca.

From the date codes, I think that the Upman would be more smokeable now unless you don't mind a wild JL2 - and can smoke through them slowly, so they have a chance to develop some flavor.

I really like the Juan Lopez No 2, and smoked an '06 last night. It was good, but the '08 Upmann Connie No. 1 blows it away. In my book 2008 was THE year for Upmann, and the Connoisseur No. 1 is as good as it gets. Very good now, with age these will be (with all due respect to James Suckling) the BOMB!

• 6 months later...

...the Juan Lopez No 2... was good, but the '08 Upmann Connie No. 1 blows it away. In my book 2008 was THE year for Upmann, and the Connoisseur No. 1 is as good as it gets.

Absolutely true.

Also, as a bonus, you get superb ageing quality like with any other H.Upmann.

I was lucky enough to find a great March 08 box that rivals with, dare I say, even the Magnum 46 in terms of complexity and sheer quality.