Cohiba Behike 56 - TEU OCT 10

asmith

Hey guys, Thanks for the review. Entertaining as always.

About the substance of the review however, I have never disagreed more with your reviews. I have watched all of the ones available on youtube, and this one seemed like our experiences had absolutely nothing in common. I have to wonder though...honestly, if there were too many people there....i.e. it was too entertaining and your attention was not appropriately dedicated to this masterpiece....it could also be that my box is from april i think (yours was OCT i believe)....6 months is not negligible especially if quality might have slipped a bit to meet the market demand before people get distracted by other things.

d

Hey guys, Thanks for the review. Entertaining as always.

About the substance of the review however, I have never disagreed more with your reviews. I have watched all of the ones available on youtube, and this one seemed like our experiences had absolutely nothing in common. I have to wonder though...honestly, if there were too many people there....i.e. it was too entertaining and your attention was not appropriately dedicated to this masterpiece....it could also be that my box is from april i think (yours was OCT i believe)....6 months is not negligible especially if quality might have slipped a bit to meet the market demand before people get distracted by other things.

d

All possibly true but we can only call it as we see it on the day.....and it was a very entertaining day :lol:

Hmmm...

Im a bit weary of some of the comments made not just about the behike BHK 56, but the whole behike line.

I for one think the 56 was quite impressive, definatley medium to full for me, varying flavour, very moreish and thorougly enjoyable. Slightly creamy with a touch of sweet spice and lashings of the toastiness referred to in the video.

I think people approach the behike line aswell as other high end premium cigars with an innate scepticism, i can in no way afford to buy a box of these or even smoke a single regularly but the sampler box i had earlier this year was fantastic. Things like contruction shouldnt even be open for debate with a cigar like this, the behike line really does deserve a fair chance and i think they are fantastic smokes.

Anyhow just my opinion. The vid was fantastic and keep up the good work guys!!!!

Hmmm...

Im a bit weary of some of the comments made not just about the behike BHK 56, but the whole behike line.

I think people approach the behike line aswell as other high end premium cigars with an innate scepticism.......

I imagine that there is a flip side as well - that there might be some who feel that because a cigar wears a Cohiba band, is expensive, or produced in limited

quantities, that they must be special.

"It's my speculation but also fact"

haha such a good call! Im using that.

Very informative and interesting review fellas.

Alan was a laugh as well, and significantly better looking than the usual retrobates (no homo :P )

more screen time for his missus might have been better though ;)

I'm still interested to try the behikes, i hope they introduce like a corona size that would be excellent!

Enjoyed the review fellsas...seems opinion is pretty divided with these. I've got some BHK 54s on the way from down under and I can't wait!

Another great review gents. Always love watching these videos. Thanks for finally doing a review of the BHK 56.

Well this was as much fun as it looked guys! It was great to make it out to Brizzy and once again thanks for the hospitality! As for my less than amazing remarks about the cigar, it was all about value for me. There are just so many regular production and regional production cigars that are just as if not more enjoyable for 1/2 the price.

I'm really looking forward to the VR Maestro review we did after this where we were all fairly well intoxicated.

Well this was as much fun as it looked guys! It was great to make it out to Brizzy and once again thanks for the hospitality! As for my less than amazing remarks about the cigar, it was all about value for me. There are just so many regular production and regional production cigars that are just as if not more enjoyable for 1/2 the price.

I'm really looking forward to the VR Maestro review we did after this where we were all fairly well intoxicated.

I think that the construction quality and latent flavour profile suggests the 56 will be magnificent in a few years.

I agree the few I've had are only showing the early signs of greatness (still very very nice though)

That's why I've put away a box of each for the long haul.

I've also got 5 singles of each vitola which I intend to smoke one a year to see how they're going.

let's see.....

Maestros! can't wait for your vid of these; one of my top ER's; fantastic cigar!!

Nice review! Who's Alan on the forum? :lol:

Whatever happened to Smithy anyway? Was he fired from the deck or just not welcome at Ken's deck? :D

Alan I believe is AARK on the forum. As for my lack of appearences of late, those other two feel I was stealing there time to shine. :P

Smithy I personally would have been way too self conscious if you were included in the review, I doubt I would have been able to participate. As for the Maestros review I cant imagine what kind of editing nightmare you have on your hands. We started at 2 PM and the vino was flowing, I dont even think we lit up the Maestros until the sun went down. Should be a laugh Im sure.

Thanks for the review gentlemen! I agree with Rob's mention that the ring gauge is too big, I don't really enjoy cigars that wide. The 54 is about the largest ring I would actively buy.

On the other hand, I'm smoking a Cohiba Lancero right now that's just the perfect size right at this moment.

Hi Alan,

I rememebr when we met at Davidoff in NY last year, you told me you and your better half were planning a world trip and that you were going to stop by and vist the Czars!! And then I play this video yesterday and there you are just like you said...I am still smiling think about it. Have a safe and great adventure.

Best,

Brian

Smithy I personally would have been way too self conscious if you were included in the review, I doubt I would have been able to participate. As for the Maestros review I cant imagine what kind of editing nightmare you have on your hands. We started at 2 PM and the vino was flowing, I dont even think we lit up the Maestros until the sun went down. Should be a laugh Im sure.