Cigar Mate Vinotemp Cigar humidor

I was browsing for a new humidor and found that Vinotemp has now come out with a line of Cigar humidors.

I am considering the purchase of the Cigar-Mate-230

Link:

http://www.vinotemp.com/View.aspx/2568/Cig...ith-Glass-Doors

I have read a lot about converting Vinotemp wine coolers on the forum but this one is already converted. So I was wondering if any fellow FOH member's out there have any experience with this product or the cooling/humidification system that they use to help me out with this decision.

Any suggestions, reccomendations or reviews positive or negative would be welcome.

Not sure if this is of use, but I have the desktop humidor from VinoTemp: http://www.vinotemp.com/View.aspx/2973/The...lectric-Humidor

The cooling system is great, keeps my cigars at a very steady temperature, but it only cools down and won't be able to keep temperatures higher when it's colder. The seal is very good, I have some 65% beads inside and they are rock steady at 65%.

I do wonder if the humidification system is two-way?

I would not go for Vinotemp's cigar coolers; they are astronomically priced! If I had a $2,600 budget, I'd get four of these: http://www.vinotemp.com/View.aspx/2887/48-...mperature-Zones and convert them for cigar use myself.

I did think of buying a wine cooler and converting it. Those thoughts, however, were quikly dismissed as I know my limitations and ability when it comes to DIY projects. I would more than likely end up with 2 useless semi converted humidors and 2 wine coolers for wine which I already have.

I did think of buying a wine cooler and converting it. Those thoughts, however, were quikly dismissed as I know my limitations and ability when it comes to DIY projects. I would more than likely end up with 2 useless semi converted humidors and 2 wine coolers for wine which I already have.

"converted humidor" is an over-statement. For my 28-bottle Vinotemp, all I did was pull out the wine racks, put humidifying beads in it (or whatever your choice of humidification), and put my cigars in it. That's it. I later bought some cedar shelves from a guy who makes them specifically for Vinotemps.

Those look nice but the pricing is astronimical. Unfortunately, anything of that class is going to be expensive. The first electric humidors on the market from Liebherr barely holds 200 cigars and goes for $2500+

The Vinotemp looks promising. There are a few other choices too. Bottom line. Very expensive. On another note, converting a fridge is touch and go. I tried it with a small 12 bottle model. I can't get the smell out of it after a year of trying. Despite it being thermoelectric. Fortunately it cost me $99 and doubles as a wine cooler. :lol::D :D You're probably worried about our summers in TO. I had a real tough time keeping the temps down and nearly had a beetle outbreak. I found a hole in one LGC and had to act quickly. I'll PM you some other choices.

tmac, one more suggestion is the Aristocrat Humidor. They are temperature and humidity controlled for cigar storage. I don't have one myself, but plenty of cigar smokers have. It falls in the price range you are looking for and will be a great piece of furniture as well. Take a look:

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/

I have been looking at the Aristocrats also in particular the Mxt with THC. Not the THC in a certain weed :lol:

tmac, one more suggestion is the Aristocrat Humidor. They are temperature and humidity controlled for cigar storage. I don't have one myself, but plenty of cigar smokers have. It falls in the price range you are looking for and will be a great piece of furniture as well. Take a look:

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/

I have been looking at the Aristocrats also in particular the Mxt with THC. Not the THC in a certain weed :lol:

Avallo does not ship to Canada but an Aristocrat is still on the menu

You have my vote for Bob's (Aristocrat) work. I've owned a 26.5 Mxt for about a year now and couldn't be happier. Bob's craftsmanship and support is amazing. I had the fan bearings go out in one of my thermoelectric cooling units and Bob had a replacement to me in 2 days.

;)

Another possible option if you are not comfortable converting a vinotemp would be to hire someone to convert the vinotemp I would assume it wouldn't cost much more than $100us for the spanish cedar and the labor wouldn't be too bad I wouldn't imagine. Good luck whatever way you go but I am with everyone else that thing is just to expensive for what it is.

Another possible option if you are not comfortable converting a vinotemp would be to hire someone to convert the vinotemp I would assume it wouldn't cost much more than $100us for the spanish cedar and the labor wouldn't be too bad I wouldn't imagine. Good luck whatever way you go but I am with everyone else that thing is just to expensive for what it is.

Another good suggestion. I read through Piggy's conversion post and it was was over my head. I am fine with finance and investments but dont get me to do something that involves electricity as I may just burn down the house.

You know I recall Waxing Moon might have a service like that. You order a wine cooler, ship it to them, and they do the conversion for you. Not sure if this service includes more complicated modifications such as running computer fans for circulation inside, but there's always the option of portable fans.