A first for me.

So I was out with a couple of friends last night (ebhead & Nacho). We grabbed some dinner and wine at Cafe Nervosa and then hit Hemingways for drinks and cigars.

Toronto weather was a bit overcast but decent, temperature wise. So it looked like we could fit in at least one cigar. I started off with a PSD4 which went down like a nice espresso. I paired it with some Port.

Between the weather and the considerable heat put out by Hemingways overhead heaters, the time was right for a second cigar. :surprised: . So I fired up a Cuaba Exclusivo. A lighter bodied cigar in comparison to the PSD4 but enjoyable nonetheless. Lots of subtle sweetness, some gingerbread notes. Not bad for the much maligned "Cuaba" brand.

A pint of Mill St Organic and Guiness later. There was opportunity for a 3rd cigar. :D My personal record. So I lit up a trusty Cohiba Siglo II and paired it with a nice neat Lagavulin. It looks like it's going to be a great smoking season in Toronto this Summer. B)

yeah, my record was two in one afternoon. Just a perfect spring day, sitting on the back deck with the wife and avoiding coming in to work. That last part probably made them that much better.

I don't know if I could do 3 in a night. I've smoked 2 before but it was almost too much.

How did you feel this morning?

Actually. I feel fan-freaking-tastic!! I slept like a baby. Woke up refreshed and not tired. I'm ready to do a pro cigar smoking advert! :surprised:

"Partagas tastes good like a cigar should".

I thought I'd be pushing that 3rd one, but the Cuaba in between was mild/medium which probably helped me get to the Siglo II. If last night were a Friday/Saturday and we had started earlier in the day, I would have made it for 4 or 5! I haven't even done that at our herfs. I only did two at the last events we held.

:D I know I know..I'm slowly working my way up. This is quite the leap for me. At my pace I'm lucky to smoke 1/week during summer.

Just ribbing you mate. On my heavy smoking days, I don't usually get past more than 3 cigars myself. I could, but I find that the utility/enjoyment I get from cigars after that point greatly diminishes.

Just ribbing you mate. On my heavy smoking days, I don't usually get past more than 3 cigars myself. I could, but I find that the utility/enjoyment I get from cigars after that point greatly diminishes.

Oh I know. No worries. :D I see what you mean. Too many cigars in one session could ruin the enjoyment. That's why all herfs should be 10 - 18 hours in duration! :clap: