Vegas Robaina Meastros - EMA DIC 07

asmith

Absolute Classic,

What we come to expect from FOH life shouldn't be taken to seriously :unsure:

Shame about the cigar one would expect better from Vega robaina ^_^

Looking forward to the next one I think the PL En canto's have the ingredients to be something special ,just a gut feeling i have.

And Smithy you do know that they give out Oscars for post production Editing and alike ,you should put in a nomination :clap:

Still good work Boys, always entertaining

Cheers OZ :clown2:

Shall I also state that Alan and Missy than drove home to my place which is over an hour away and on the other side of town totally trashed.... thanks Rob for worrying about the safty of my house guests :no:

I told them I was happy to drop them off!

fantastic video! really surprised though; my maestros have been great!

maybe a duff box....?

I'll need to revisit, but so far this cigar has been right up there for me.

Exactly.

I've really enjoyed this cigar so far. My box is Sept '07.

But how much difference could a couple of months possibly make? B)

Now I'm curious and will have to revisit the box soon.

Shall I also state that Alan and Missy than drove home to my place which is over an hour away and on the other side of town totally trashed.... thanks Rob for worrying about the safty of my house guests :cigar:
I told them I was happy to drop them off!
Jesus the way you drive normally :P actually you might be better smashed

Hey!!! I told you both that we shall have none of that ****!!!!!! :o:PB)

:wub::P :P

KG brings up the point - REs should be.........

Really what should they be, what are expectations? To me, simply a size not normally found in the line, with no expectation of higher quality, or a

better cigar. They are what they are.......

:peace::lol3::clap:

KG brings up the point - REs should be.........

Really what should they be, what are expectations? To me, simply a size not normally found in the line, with no expectation of higher quality, or a

better cigar. They are what they are.......

I have to say, my expectations are a bit higher. RE's are at a higher price point than regular cigars in the same format. Therefore, my expectations are higher. Also, there is a kind of "collector" feel to these, which allows Habanos S.A. to price them accordingly... but they need to know that my expectations match their asking price.

I have to say, my expectations are a bit higher. RE's are at a higher price point than regular cigars in the same format. Therefore, my expectations are higher. Also, there is a kind of "collector" feel to these, which allows Habanos S.A. to price them accordingly... but they need to know that my expectations match their asking price.

Ahhhh, but therein lies the rub.

I agree with Colt on this one. I believe you're a bit mistaken in your presumptions - you state, "RE's are at a higher price point than than regular cigars in the same format." The thing is - there are no regular cigars in the same format, generally. The RE stuff takes a certain marque, and then offers a format/vitola that isn't actually available in the regular lineup. There isn't a regular robusto available, say, for Por Larranaga? Then, shazam!!! (always wanted to say that!) H S.A. then decides to offer a PL robusto as an RE, and offers it for limited sale/release.

Yes, I agree that the "collectibility factor", so to speak, does lead to H S.A. pricing these higher, right or wrong as many of us may see that. But, unlike the EL's, there's no specially aged tobaccos used in the RE stuff, so there shouldn't really be any higher of an expectation of performance. These are simply limited runs, of uncommon formats for certain marques - that's all.

And just because H S.A. prices these higher due to collectibility, doesn't mean that performance necessarily has to be up there. That's up for you as the consumer to decide, if they meet your wishes. But to expect that they'll perform better is a bit of a blind way of going into things, don't you think? Just my two cents, anyways.

I still expect the more expensive product to be of better quality. I agree that this is not always the case. That being said, I also agree that it's to each consumer to decide. My issue lies in the following. When people pay a premium on items due to brand, collectability etc. I can't blame them for having higher expectations. How would you justify the price hike? Simply saying that "here's is a vitola that doesn't exist within our regular production" does not cut it for me.

This being said, here's how I feel about RE (in general) Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. (I hope Mr. Bush is taking notes)

Just my opinion.