Mystery Cigar No 2

El Presidente

Mystery Cigar Number 2

Thank you for the great response to Mystery Cigar Number 2!

The reviews ran the gamut from dismal to brilliant, from a flavour profile of metallic to flowers and cream.

All cigars cane from three boxes from the same shipment and box code which goes to show that there is tremendous variance cigar to cigar within the same boxes or how subjective our palates are….or both J

Members certainly found it easier to pick Mystery Cigar Number 2 (33% correct respondents) compared to the previous Mareva. Still, only one of the members who picked the Mareva were able to pick the Robusto.

The competition is still wide open with only one of you left in the box seat having picked 2 from 2. Should our leader falter on the third and others with one correct pick to date manage to pick the last….it will be a shared prize!

Congrats to all who participated. Have a great Easter and remember to PM your pick for Mystery Cigar 3 by Monday the 2nd of May!

Welcome to Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure Number 2 LOR MAY 10

post-4-1303092367.png

Wow, congratulations to CanuchsARTech! Very impressive. The fact that it was a Hoyo didn't cross my mind for a second. Can't believe the usually light Hoyo line could give me such a nicotine rush!

Wow. That shocks me. Here's a funny story. I sit down with my smoking buddy to smoke this cigar and I figure I will play a game with him. Since I was doing a blind test I would do the same for him. I gave him a Hoyo Epi 2. I'm smoking my cigar and cant believe how powerful it is. Well over medium. I'm thinking either Bolivar RC or Partagas D4. He telling me what a mild and easy smoke his is. I'm absolutely stunned we were smoking the same cigar. His was a 10 box too(URG OCT 10). Never would have guess that in a million years.

G

Although my cigar was a wind tunnel that affected identifying most flavors, it did bring back memories of Epi 2's I've had in the past. And I must say, they weren't very pleasant memories. Other than the mystery cigar, I haven't had an E2 in years.

Not that I am in a hurry to smoke another **** cigar, but since Nut is in the lead should we do the tasting before he goes off to work? I mean we have to give the mate a little time to gloat here before his leave. -Piggy

Congratulations to CanuckSARTech!!! You are the KING! :lol::D

I am amazed as the cigar was so strong that I could have never believed it was a Hoyo. It was completely different compared to my previously smoked one. There's a lot to learn about younger cigars here.

OMG, i guessed Epi 2 at first based purely on the smoke aroma and initial flavours, then changed my mind once i smoked the cigar down. I was thinking, no way a Epi 2 would be so spicy! LOL!

Never at any one point did an Epi 2 ever come to mind. This thing was so strong and at times so loaded with spice and nicotine I thought it had to be either a young BRC or PSD4 all the way. This cigar had none of the med body cream and floral notes that I've come to know of Epi 2's. Weird but I did like it and it obviously had aging potential but I'd b a little Leary on buying a box based on such inconsistency as shown by all the diff reviews.

Great Job Keith. :lol:

No pressure on the last one right :D. If you do go 3 for 3, then the next herf you are able to make it to here in Toronto we will be invoking a rule similar to the hole in one tradition where the winner has to buy a round of drinks for the rest.

Tom