Mystery Cigar No 2

El Presidente

WOW.............great job! :lol:

I don't smoke nearly enough cigars to have participated in this event....

I guess I'll just stick to winning the NFL Tipping contest every year...... :D

Never at one point did an Epi 2 ever come to mind. This thing was so strong and at times so loaded with spice and nicotine I thought it had to be either a young BRC or PSD4 all the way. This cigar had none of the med body cream and floral notes that I've come to know of Epi 2's. Weird but I did like it and it obviously had aging potential but I'd b a little Leary on buying a box based on such inconsistency as shown by all the diff reviews.

I was in the same camp as young BRC or PSD4. After I continued to think about the experience, I started thinking it was virtually every other Robusto...Cohiba, ERDM...really hard to identify an unbanded cigar, and congrats to Keith for nailing 2!

Although youthfull, I found that I did enjoy the smoke and would like to see how an example like I had would develop over time...BUT - If I tasted soap or metal, I would have really not felt that way.

Thanks Rob for the fun!

Congrats Canuck and to all the other guys who chose correctly. Rooting for you to go 3 for 3. No pressure though...

Yes...HIGHLY impressive. Hat's off to you Keith! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Holy muther!!!!!! SWEET!!!!!!!!

Great - as if I'm not nervous/anxious/excited/self-doubting/second-guessing/worrying/joyfully awaiting everything that's coming up for me starting at the end of the week as it is, now I get hit with this?!!?!?! Well, I suppose a guy could have worse problems, but WHOA!

Quickly looking at the math then...

If I get the last cigar right, then I win the prize outright (and yet I wouldn't get to spend it until early-summer, likely).

But, if I get the last cigar wrong, there's 21 others that I have to potentially look out for, as to how many people I could end up splitting the pot with (5 others that got the first cigar right, and then 16 others that got the second cigar correct also).

Wow.

And, with my timeline, this does get interesting. I was going to smoke the third cigar on Sunday, but the weather hasn't been co-operating with us lately, and won't for a few days. Looks like I'll have to get this done this Thursday - I get officially "sworn in" to the Forces on Thursday morning, and sign all my paperwork and whatnot. I'm gonna plan then to smoke the third blind cigar that afternoon then, in celebration, and to get the review in before I head off for training. I've already got a decent guess of what I think it to be, based on a slimmer selection of piramides in current production, and with aroma at cold and whatnot. I think I've narrowed it to two possibilities, but I've really only notched one as a no-go for sure at this time. Fingers crossed - we'll see how this all goes.

Very cool.

Well done Keith :-) No pressure or anything for the third cigar LOLOL

I will give you a hint it is a torpedo LOLOL

Wise ass! :huh::P:P Thanks!

Nice job Keith. PS, you smoke too many cigars.

You've been talking to my wife, haven't you?! She asked that if I won, if I could get the cash instead for her to use in the meantime for some backyard stuff. I told her that's exactly what I was planning - to buy lots of cigars, and use the ashes to fertilize her planters back there! ;)

Good job Nut!!! Considering what I am tasting... this is leaving your tastes in serios question!!!! :PB)

Good job on the job front too. Just been a little busy to spend too much time here. -R

Not that I am in a hurry to smoke another **** cigar, but since Nut is in the lead should we do the tasting before he goes off to work? I mean we have to give the mate a little time to gloat here before his leave. -Piggy

Thanks Ray. And my tastes?? "Gloating"???!! Naw - I'll wait to to that until Rob runs another one of these, and picks all vitolas that are "Piggy-approved", and then if I'm still able to go 2-for-2 there with those, over you, THEN I'll be gloriously gloating!!! :D:D;)

Same box codes, same shipments, varied responses. What does this mean?

Powers of deduction? Supertasters are out there? Rollers are drinking on the job?

It means that I'm somehow able to baffle with bullshit and guess my way through this, just mostly by process-of-elimination with a lot of stuff, take wild guestimates as to what I think Rob would do with this, and then hope that I myself am not drunk enough to be tasting something completely different from the cigar that I'm trying to focus on. We'll have to see if all the winds blow true for the third cigar. My guess? I'm not a lucky person (no lotto wins in this guy's family tree), so unless the last cigar is so blatently spot-on, I could be yesterday's has-been, and guess something completely off the mark.

No idea if "taster" (let alone "supertaster") is in play here. I've got decent taste buds I think, but I've never been tested or whatnot. No idea there.

I think a lot of this is just the right signals hitting at the right time.

There's potentially a lot of others who could get the last one right too - two out of three is sharp stuff too. Just because I've gone two-for-two so far doesn't really mean crap, I don't think. I'll have to wait and see what the end results are, and even depending on flop or win in the end, to see if my results are repeatable down the road with another one of these contests maybe.

Kudos to all other correct guessers out there too, and again to Rob for putting this on for us. Very cool.

Great Job Keith. :D

No pressure on the last one right B). If you do go 3 for 3, then the next herf you are able to make it to here in Toronto we will be invoking a rule similar to the hole in one tradition where the winner has to buy a round of drinks for the rest.

Tom

LOL. We'll see. At least the prize would potentially make a little bit of room on the Visa to allow for the buying of a potential round. This is all in theory, of course. In reality, there's a snowball's chance in hell of either thing happening!!!!

Okay....well, maybe I have better odds than a potential round does! ;):P:huh:

And, with my timeline, this does get interesting. I was going to smoke the third cigar on Sunday, but the weather hasn't been co-operating with us lately, and won't for a few days. Looks like I'll have to get this done this Thursday - I get officially "sworn in" to the Forces on Thursday morning, and sign all my paperwork and whatnot. I'm gonna plan then to smoke the third blind cigar that afternoon then, in celebration, and to get the review in before I head off for training. I've already got a decent guess of what I think it to be, based on a slimmer selection of piramides in current production, and with aroma at cold and whatnot. I think I've narrowed it to two possibilities, but I've really only notched one as a no-go for sure at this time. Fingers crossed - we'll see how this all goes.

Very cool.

Good luck Keith!

Choices are

Monte 2

Dip 2

VR Unicos

H. Upmann Number 2

Partagas P2

How hard could it be :D

Good luck Keith!

Choices are

Monte 2

Dip 2

VR Unicos

H. Upmann Number 2

Partagas P2

How hard could it be :D

Sure, help the competition, why don't ya!?!?!?! I was half waiting to see if someone guessed one of the following: Partagas Serie P No. 1, Cohiba Piramides, Cuaba Piramides. Yes, I know those aren't regular production, but you just never know who will guess what.

But now you've gone and let the cat out of the bag.... :rolleyes:

Just for some fun, I'll PM you my blind guess now of my top-two choices, based on the characteristics at cold. Time will tell if it's correct, or if I have to completely revamp my thinking....

I never got around to smoking mine and thought it was an Epi 2 just from looking at it. Of course, that is all hindsight and you could reasonably call me a liar, but I'm proud of my imaginary palate all the same...

Congrats to those who actually smoked theirs and guessed correctly.

I love it! Reading the results is so interesting. I was getting a little worried with the PC results, such discrepancy. The #2 cigar came through more consistent. I'm really lov'in this project.

Big props to Keith - keep it up and do the impossible!

Congrats Canuck! I'm pulling for you although if you miss it's going to get interesting. Kinda like the BCS ranking :D. I'm just glad I got 1 right.

This has been a lot of fun. There are so many variables that go into this (individual roller, palletes, storage conditions, RH levels, etc ) that I'm not surprised about the wide range of guesses. It would be fun to do an EL or regional release version.