Toronto FOH's! Cuban roller meet up and herf?

Choose the Herf Spot.  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Greetings all.

The Cuban roller, Mr Jorge Lopez Leal will be in town May 31 and June 1 at Thomas Hinds. He's there from Noon to 6PM. I was thinking we could pay him a visit, pick up some fresh, custom rolls and then head out to a cigar friendly bar.

I was planning on going Wed June 1 as Tuesdays do not work for me. Anyone else interested in going? Please reply to this thread and vote on the spot you'd like to go to. Either Remy's or The Pilot. Both places have large rooftop patios.

I plan on leaving my office around 4:45PM to get there for 5PM.

Cheers,

Frank

Sounds like a great time, will see you there around 5 on Tuesday.

Stephen

Greetings all.

The Cuban roller, Mr Jorge Lopez Leal will be in town May 31 and June 1 at Thomas Hinds. He's there from Noon to 6PM. I was thinking we could pay him a visit, pick up some fresh, custom rolls and then head out to a cigar friendly bar.

I was planning on going Wed June 1 as Tuesdays do not work for me. Anyone else interested in going? Please reply to this thread and vote on the spot you'd like to go to. Either Remy's or The Pilot. Both places have large rooftop patios.

I plan on leaving my office around 4:45PM to get there for 5PM.

Cheers,

Frank

Sounds like a great time, will see you there around 5 on Tuesday.

Stephen

You won't see me there Tuesday. :peace: That's my volleyball night. However, if Tuesday works for most people, by all means head out then. I will still pass by on Wed to get some fresh rolls.

My mistake, I meant Wednesday.

Stephen

You won't see me there Tuesday. :peace: That's my volleyball night. However, if Tuesday works for most people, by all means head out then. I will still pass by on Wed to get some fresh rolls.

sounds like a good time I am coming back from Niagara falls that day so I don't know if I will be able to make it but maybe I will be able to make one of the days a LCDH as well I don't know how you guys feel about a 20 year old joining you. I felt out of place at LCDH this weekend as me and my friends where the youngest people there for some time

sounds like a good time I am coming back from Niagara falls that day so I don't know if I will be able to make it but maybe I will be able to make one of the days a LCDH as well I don't know how you guys feel about a 20 year old joining you. I felt out of place at LCDH this weekend as me and my friends where the youngest people there for some time

I know exactly how you feel. I'm 22 myself and sometimes you feel a little out of place in the cigar hobby. You'll get over it though.

Everyone is welcome.. Except the 20 somethings...oh wait... :P:D But seriously. If you can make it, that'd be cool. There's no finer group of people than the ones you'll meet that share this hobby.

Wednesday the 1st should work for me and I'm indifferent between the two bars. He's also doing other dates at La Casa if anyone's interested but can't make the Thomas Hinds events. Here are some details: http://www.toronto.lacasadelhabano.ca/main...d=65&cid=67

Great Link! Thanks CK. That cigar dinner at Barberians looks interesting too.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm 22 myself and sometimes you feel a little out of place in the cigar hobby. You'll get over it though.

ya me and my friend always feel so out of place but there are people that make you feel welcome no matter how old you are so its not so bad

Everyone is welcome.. Except the 20 somethings...oh wait... :):blink: But seriously. If you can make it, that'd be cool. There's no finer group of people than the ones you'll meet that share this hobby.

I'm going to try and make it! hopefully I can, I would love to meet more people who share a love for cigars

I am going to try and make it but only a 50/50 chance at the moment. Tuesday may be better depends on my schedule which changes daily.

You wont hear me say this very often, but man I wish I was in toronto this week.

does anyone know how much they will be selling the custom rolls? I'd like to get my hands on one or two if the price is right.

does anyone know how much they will be selling the custom rolls? I'd like to get my hands on one or two if the price is right.

When I went last year the pricing was something like this.

Coronas $15

Robustos $20

Pyramides $25.

Not cheap, but unique. FWIW, the robustos were the size of Mag 50's. But that was a different roller.

prices do seem reasonable, those are the prices you would pay for a mc no2 or edmundo. hopefully the lcdh in montreal will have a guest roller over in the summertime.

prices do seem reasonable, those are the prices you would pay for a mc no2 or edmundo. hopefully the lcdh in montreal will have a guest roller over in the summertime.

I think during the F1 pre race festivities, the LCDH sets up an outdoor lounge with leather couches and chairs and brings in a roller. I'm not 100% but the lady who was with the roller in Toronto last year said one of their stops was the Montreal F1 race.

I think during the F1 pre race festivities, the LCDH sets up an outdoor lounge with leather couches and chairs and brings in a roller. I'm not 100% but the lady who was with the roller in Toronto last year said one of their stops was the Montreal F1 race.

Too bad i'm out of town f1 weekend, going on a fishing trip in gaspesie area, still lots of cigars will be sacrificed! anyways if anyone goes and has a robusto or torpedo extra, pm me!

Frank, I'm on the fence now too because I'm out of the office tomorrow. I hate to pull the chute but it'll be tough to double back to the city. What's our headcount looking like?

Btw, the Monsdales are available if you see Mr. Lopez at La Casa. I stopped by last Thursday on my lunch and picked some up. $20 per stick.

Headcount doesn't look good. I had to bail on Wednesday though I could stay up to 6PM but then I'd have to leave right after. Today, I should be OK to go get some customs and maybe have a quick smoke. I'm hoping to hear from more people before the end of day. If not, we all go on our own and leave it at that. We'll herf some other time.

So, what are the specs on a "monsdale"?

I am going to try to make it there for about 5:00 ish today. after which a cold beverage at Remy's would be in order.