Aging cigars in Glass/Ceramic/Acrylic jars

I've been freebasing...errr... :bsmeter: enjoying the aromas of my LGC Deliciosos :) and was wondering if it be worth taking cigars out of their boxes and placing them into a jar of some sort that is similar to what Habanos has done in the past and present as a way to "age" the cigars.

When I open the LGC jar, the aroma is so powerful. Surely storing other cigars in such a manner couldn't hurt? Is anyone doing this with cigars that were not originally packaged this way?

I'd imagine that you'd want to let the cigars breathe everyone once in a while to avoid any possible mold growth. Also, you'd probably need to retrofit a small humidifier into the jar too. I see acrylic jars on sale but I don't think I'd trust the acrylic to seep/leak into the cigars. Glass and porcelain seem to have a great track record.

Thoughts??

I have had lots of experience with glass bottles (beer bottles could not be that much different) so maybe I can be of assistance. Send it over to me and I will take care of it until such a time as I feel they are ready.

I have had lots of experience with glass bottles (beer bottles could not be that much different) so maybe I can be of assistance. Send it over to me and I will take care of it until such a time as I feel they are ready.

:) Guantanameras Cristales in glass tubes no less, are on the way!!

I am trying to age my Partagas P1, my Short Churchills, and my Edmundos in their Jars (the RyJ and the Montes are the German regional jars). It's too early to tell how much of a difference it will make. I wanted to do the same with my Noellas, but alas, I dropped the fricking thing and now it has a bunch of cracks :(

Except for the Noellas, these jars all have a little humidifier in the lid (I immediately replaced the green foam with beads upon receipt). The smell when you open the jars is incredible. I try not to open them more than once every couple of weeks but it is difficult :party: The humidity is rock-steady in there. I do have regular boxes of Short Churchills and Edmundos that I am aging in parallel so let's see.

*I generally leave them inside their glass tubes until ready to smoke...*