Toronto FOH MegaHerf! Saturday Aug 27, 2011

Please vote on all selctions.  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Greetings Toronto FOH. If you haven't seen Rob's post about his upcoming travels please do so. He is in Toronto on the following dates: Sept 16 - 19.

I'm looking to put together an event and will need to know how many are interested in joining. Ideally, we'd so something on a Sunday afternoon / evening as venues will be difficult and expensive to get on Saturdays. So set aside the Saturday Sep 17 orSunday Sept 18 date from noon onwards for this event.

With that said, Rob has a few days in Toronto. If anyone else has any plans for getting him in trouble post it here or in your own thread.

Now, on to business. It's Monday morning at work, so I'll be brief. I'm putting up a few polls to this thread that will help me plan.

First off, who's coming? This is open to all Toronto, GTA, Ottawa, Montreal, etc FOH.

Date preference: Saturday Sep 17 or Sunday Sep 18. (for those not in the Toronto area Sat might be a better choice) Once you've voted, please respond as well so I know who exactly is coming.

And the most controversial. If the turnout looks like it will be high, we'll need to book a venue. That means there might be a rental cost. In this poll vote if you'd be willing to contribute to a fund to pay for that rent cost. I think $5 - $10 at the most. Possibly lower depending on the turnout. Anything above that is too much and if I can negotiate it down to zero, even better. But it would help to know if there's a willingness to assist. And rest assured, there is no profit motive in this for me. If anyone knows of a good venue, please send me your suggestions. We don't need anything fancy, but it should be able to accomodate us all and weather permitting, allow us to comfortable enjoy some cigars along with the company.

Over the next week or two, I will be putting up addtional details in this thread. So check every few days or so.

Cheers,

Frank

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd love to be there for sure, probably saturday would be better for me so I can drive back down to montreal on sunday...nothing set in stone but i'll see.

i'd love to be there for sure, probably saturday would be better for me so I can drive back down to montreal on sunday...nothing set in stone but i'll see.

Hop on the Via, Business Class. They ply you with booze the whole way. :) I think Via has a 50% off sale right now too.

Hop on the Via, Business Class. They ply you with booze the whole way. :) I think Via has a 50% off sale right now too.

you going to be my chauffer Frank?

ok, well i'm going to try my very best to be in toronto that weekend, and yes, I to am willing to help towards the costs.

Frank, I'm good for either Saturday or Sunday and happy to help cover costs.

Regards

CDNeh

My g/f just politely (not quite so) reminded me our anniversary is the 16th. Apparently she's got something planned that is going to last all weekend so I'm probably not going to be able to make it. If it's on a Sunday I might be able to possibly maybe make it.

You have room for a Detroiter as well? I promise not to loot and foul the place up too much :D

CigarmanTim, are you planning on driving? Maybe we could meet up and make the trip together.

Room for all folks..room for all....Now I need to find a "room for all" :D . By all means, come on up , down , across, etc to Toronto. In week or so, I'll do a role call of interested parties and start hitting up the venues. We've got a bit of time but I want to get this locked down sooner or later.

Are there even any venues where we could smoke inside?

There definately won't be any public venues to smoke inside, you haven't been able to smoke inside in a public place for about 15 years here...

Great!! The Royal York it is!! Thanks Tom! Kobe steak for everyone! :innocent:

Nice! Thanks Tom!

Great!! The Royal York it is!! Thanks Tom! Kobe steak for everyone! :innocent:

I was thinking a bench outside city hall. I will chip in for a hot dog from one of the food trucks.