Toronto FOH MegaHerf! Saturday Aug 27, 2011

Please vote on all selctions.  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have seen a number of other idea's bandied about in chat for other activities while he is here.

The Niagara Wine fesitval is also going on in St. Catherines during the time that Rob is here:

http://www.niagarawinefestival.com/page/winefest_home

This wouold be almost a whole day thing if you were to include a trip to the falls.

Getting a number of FOH members out for a round of Golf with Rob.

Might be a good idea to get a list together to send over to Rob so he can select his choices of each of them depending on his itinerary.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Rob fishes, but I have not heard him indicate that he plays the great Scottish Game.

Stephen

I know that Rob fishes, but I have not heard him indicate that he plays the great Scottish Game.

Stephen

There is another idea. Not sure if the salmon will still be stacking up in the mouth of the credit river or not but a charter fishing boat trip is a good idea also

Guest leanderdsilva
Frank, I'm in, good for either Saturday or Sunday and happy to help cover costs.

Same here..

You have room for a Detroiter as well? I promise not to loot and foul the place up too much ;)

CigarmanTim, are you planning on driving? Maybe we could meet up and make the trip together.

I'll be driving....if I go... also contemplating the North Carolina trip as my company is there and I might be able to plan a paid for trip.

Everyone. For those of you interested in coming, please PM an email address I can reach you at, as well as your first name. It just makes it easier to send out and collect info that way. For those of you who know I have it, don't bother. Everyone else: please send.

I'll only use the addresses for pertinent event data. Otherwise, updates will be on this thread.

Cheers,

Frank

should be able to be there both days are fine with me and should be able to help cove a small cost not much as I'm a staving student

NP. Trying to keep the costs down as much as possible. The request for "pitching in" is for a "worse case scenario". Fail to plan = plan to fail I say. So, best to cover all the bases.

PS. PM your personal email addy.

Frank

Ladies and gentlemen (all 6 of the later - the rest of you are just schmucks!!! ;) )....

Please, feel free to roll out the red carpet....the guest of honour may just be in attendance....drumroll please....CanuckSARTech may just BE ABLE TO ATTEND THIS GRAND HURRAH!!!!!! :spotlight:

I'm just on here checking some things out (first reasonable computer access in quite a while again), and I saw a PM that Frank sent me with this info.

As things on this end at basic are going for me right now, things are going fairly smoothly for me and my platoon. I'm on track to get done and out of here for the end of August. So, for the start of September then, I'd likely get my placement at Borden for the leadup to my trade training, and I'll likely be able to burn up a couple of weeks of leave time for the first few weeks of September, and I'll likely be able to be there for that weekend. Very likely, even if I have to beg, borrow, and plead if need be.

So, I'm 90% definitely in. I agree - Tom is buying filet mignon and lobster tail for everyone (I've noticed what his spending habits have been - begesus, Tom, did you want to maybe adopt me for Christ's sake?!!?!?! :dollarsign: )

My offer would be this.....

Rob, I will have all the ammo you can handle, all the clay pigeons you can bust at, I will have my Toyota Tacoma and my fishing gear also at your beck-and-call, and can help out with the best of what you want to check out in southern Ontario. I will also, as long as we have a decent showing of members willing to attend and have some fun, I will get a box or two ordered from Rob for him to bring along with him maybe, and will have those available as a nice group gathering cigar to share. Who knows - if more arrive, maybe a nice full bundle of Czar custom "Tampas" for us all to enjoy.

So, we'll just have to see how this develops over the next two months then. Rob, Frank, Stephen, Tom, et al - I thoroughly look forward to this sweet event.

I'll leave my handcuffs at home. ;):thumbsup:

I will get a box or two ordered from Rob for him to bring along with him maybe, and will have those available as a nice group gathering cigar to share. Who knows - if more arrive, maybe a nice full bundle of Czar custom "Tampas" for us all to enjoy.

Good idea Keith,

another idea would be for Rob to pick out a sampler pack and then Lisa can send them on ahead of him so that the sticks are ready and well rested for his arrival.

Good idea Keith,

another idea would be for Rob to pick out a sampler pack and then Lisa can send them on ahead of him so that the sticks are ready and well rested for his arrival.

He's already agreed to sneak in a Koala and a lifetime supply of eucalyptus leaves. :)

He's already agreed to sneak in a Koala and a lifetime supply of eucalyptus leaves. :)

What? no kangeroo? i'd settle for a shark!

I asked for a Croc to keep the dogs from crapping on my lawn. The Koala was easier to stuff into a box. Rob was going to try and tape the croc's mouth shut and attach a handle on his back to make him look like a suitcase. :)

I was planning on brining a box with me as well. Only thing is we would have to smoke them all because I can't bring them back home. I don't really see that being a problem though! :(

hey I am in. downtown dundas Square Woo's can be a place for us to get together, depends what everyone has in mind. owners are my good friends. are we meeting uptown or downtown?

They would shut it down for a private event for indoor cigar smoking?