Toronto FOH MegaHerf! Saturday Aug 27, 2011

Please vote on all selctions.  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

patio is open now

Is that Sai Woo's you are talking about?

THat may be a good option if the weather is good. Mid Sept can be unpredictable.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had an idea as to where we might be able to hose this and smoke at the same time

I am a student at George Brown College at the St. James campus and we has a roof top patio that goes mostly unused during the summer months as well as weekends their are several benches up there and it is rather large. It is also close to the downtown core (King and George), I am reasonable sure we could use this space if we contact the school. you are able to see the patio from Google earth if you would like to take a look t it.

Everyone. For those of you interested in coming, please PM an email address I can reach you at, as well as your first name. It just makes it easier to send out and collect info that way. For those of you who know I have it, don't bother. Everyone else: please send.

I'll only use the addresses for pertinent event data. Otherwise, updates will be on this thread.

Cheers,

Frank

PM sent

We're approaching 20 people thus far. If you haven't stated your intentions, please do so ASAP. The amount of people attending is going to influence the venue we choose. I'm going to aim for a Saturday event. Here's the attendee list so far.

Prez, riazp, tmac77, Cdneh, CKs, Ebhead, Nacho, Diamonddog, kiwiman911, maverickdrinker, CigarmanTim, leanderdsilva, tdlfoto, Maron, CanuckSARTech, Nacho, nick17, IcedCanuck

Frank, are you aming for a saturday evening or afternoon?

Evening if possible, starting around 4PM and onwards. Perhaps I should start a poll, see what time frame is preferred?

I figure around 20 people are going to generate a lot of cigar smoking, drinking and chatter that could fill anywhere from 4-6 hours easily. Our last TO herf went for about 2 hours minimum and it was on a weeknight with a few having to leave early for other commitments.. A Saturday herf should be more time conducive.

What do you guys think? A poll? If we're going to book a venue we're going to have take it for the majority of the night otherwise it won't make any sense for owners to give it up. So, I'm thinking anywhere from 4PM - midnight? Or a later start?

a poll is a good idea. I'm good with a 4 pm start, I can leave saturday morning and be there quite comfortably...I know Frank, via rail right? :D

4:00 PM would be good. This would give the out of town folks arriving that day time to check in and get settled.

will have to talkto Riazp to see if we meet up to talk to see how and when this will be going down keep me in the loop

Erik, Pm sent

Count me in! How could I say no to an opportunity to meet with the local FoH community, our guest of honor, Prez, and of course....smoke a bunch of great Habanos.

If I'm not already in TO on business that week I'd be happy to share my drive down that Saturday if anyone in the Ottawa/Area is interested. Then again, Bundwallah makes a good point about going VIA; no stress and a nice head-start on the party :rotfl:

My vote is for the 17th and I'm good to bring a box of goodies from the Czar. 4 PM sounds ideal.

Really looking forward to meeting with all of you.

Simon

Bundwallah, I'll PM you my details.

Frank, I posted this event in our montreal cigar club blog to get some interest from the montreal gang.

My Temagami canoe trip has just been postponed until 2012. :thumbsdwn:

So make it 25!!! I'm so in!!! :2thumbs:

Sweet, glad you'll be able to make it Mark!

You might want to consider either spice route and/or brant house. Both have large patios for smoking as well as the option for dinner there.

It's also close to my offsite wine cellar. Just saying.....

The only thing I am unsure of is what time they are open on the weekends. I can look into it if you like.

LMK

A

You might want to consider either spice route and/or brant house. Both have large patios for smoking as well as the option for dinner there.

It's also close to my offsite wine cellar. Just saying.....

The only thing I am unsure of is what time they are open on the weekends. I can look into it if you like.

LMK

A

I've added Spice Route to my list as I've heard good things about the patio. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check out Brant House too.