Toronto FOH MegaHerf! Saturday Aug 27, 2011 5PM

Please vote on all selctions.  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Frank my friend will be coming as well i just have to confirm him with the new date when he gets back from his CF training as well any possible locations as of yet?

That's fine Nick. Several locations. One is very promising in terms of what it can offer. I don't want to say anything at the time in case it doesnt come through.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if you saw yesterday or not Frank, Kiwiman will not attend,I still have a few things to iron out...worst case scenario i'll be in toronto later in the evening around 8ish...

FYI. List of attendees thus far.

YES in Green. NO in Red. TDB in Orange

Tag Attending?

bundwallah YES

Cdneh YES

CKs YES

Diamonddog YES

DonPedro YES

Ebhead YES

El Presidente YES

Habanos Hoser YES

IcedCanuck YES

leanderdsilva YES

nick17 YES

riazp YES

strada YES

tdlfoto YES

tmac77 YES

CanuckSARTech TBD

CigarmanTim TBD

imark TBD

Maron TBD

maverickdrinker TBD

Nacho TBD

str8dog TBD

CanadianBeaver NO

kiwiman911 NO

Frank my friend will be coming as well i just have to confirm him with the new date when he gets back from his CF training as well any possible locations as of yet?

thanks frank keep us all posted

FYI. List of attendees thus far.

YES in Green. NO in Red. TDB in Orange

Tag Attending?

bundwallah YES

Cdneh YES

CKs YES

Diamonddog YES

DonPedro YES

Ebhead YES

El Presidente YES

Habanos Hoser YES

IcedCanuck YES

leanderdsilva YES

nick17 YES

riazp YES

strada YES

tdlfoto YES

tmac77 YES

Maron YES

CanuckSARTech TBD

CigarmanTim TBD

imark TBD

maverickdrinker TBD

Nacho TBD

str8dog TBD

CanadianBeaver NO

kiwiman911 NO

Venue announcement shortly folks. Stay tuned.

Will there be a large brass pole at this venue? I heard El Prez has one hell of a pole dance routine! :rotfl:

OK folks. We've found our herf spot. It's spacious, private and appropriately, Cuban!! We welcome you to the Mambo Lounge on the Danforth.

See Google Map.

We've worked out a package with them to get exclusive use to their back patio area. It seats about 35 people comfortably and is private. The walls are high and should inclement weather hit us we can retreat back inside should we need to.

Our package includes.

* Traditional Cuban Pig Roast (plus BBQ Chicken, seafood and sides of congris, cassava, plantains)

* Cuban Singer and Dancer

* Cigar Roller (possibly Mr Jorge Lopez or of similar calibre)

The cost?

$62.50 per person (which includes tax and 15% gratuities)

Cash Bar. Drinks are reasonably priced. They make fantastic mojitos BTW.

Bring your payment at the door. Any questions, let us know.

We have a great event ahead of us. See you there!!!

The event starts at 5:00PM

Awesome job Frank, I cant wait!

Could one of the Toronto guys familiar with whats around the venue recommend a few hotels for us out-of-towners. It would be cool if we could all stay at one hotel, maybe even get a deal on a block of rooms if we were to reserve them in advance.

Awesome job Frank, I cant wait!

Could one of the Toronto guys familiar with whats around the venue recommend a few hotels for us out-of-towners. It would be cool if we could all stay at one hotel, maybe even get a deal on a block of rooms if we were to reserve them in advance.

Most hotels will not do a block of rooms for less than 10 rooms. I might be able to work out a deal if enough people are in at the same hotel.

The mambo lounge location is a 2 minute walk from the Broadveiw subway station and easily reached from any centrally located hotel.

Some of the cheaper conveniently located hotels in Toronto are:

Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre

The Metropolitan Hotel

The Delta Chelsea Hotel

The Holiday Inn Bloor Yorkville

Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Toronto

Go to the expedia.ca website and search for downtown Toronto Hotels for details:

Tom

OK folks. We've found our herf spot. It's spacious, private and appropriately, Cuban!! We welcome you to the Mambo Lounge on the Danforth.

See Google Map.

We've worked out a package with them to get exclusive use to their back patio area. It seats about 35 people comfortably and is private. The walls are high and should inclement weather hit us we can retreat back inside should we need to.

Our package includes.

* Traditional Cuban Pig Roast (plus BBQ Chicken, seafood and sides of congris, cassava, plantains)

* Cuban Singer and Dancer

* Cigar Roller (possibly Mr Jorge Lopez or of similar calibre)

The cost?

$62.50 per person (which includes tax and 15% gratuities)

Cash Bar. Drinks are reasonably priced. They make fantastic mojitos BTW.

Bring your payment at the door. Any questions, let us know.

We have a great event ahead of us. See you there!!!

Awesome, good job! The food sounds great, can't wait to see everyone there.

Frank,

Great venue, awesome deal buddy! I finally get to have some great cuban food :D does the deal include a hand rolled cigar? Great work buddy, and a big thank you for taking time out of your schedule to set this up for us.

Riaz

Update:

I'm glad to see the enthusiastic reponses to the choice in venue. I can't take all the credit though. Tom, Stephen and I "test drove" the venue last week one night after work. The food was great, the mojitos: Magical and the staff were very friendly and accomodating. Tom pursued the manager for a package deal; so many thanks to Tom. :buddies: I have to make one minor correction to the post(and I'll make it stand out) :wink2:

As Tom has put the venue on his credit card, please pay him your fees, not anyone at the "door" or restaurant. You can either pay him at the event or ahead of time via email transfer. PM Tom (tmac77) for details if you want to pay in advance

This should be a great night. Can't wait to see everyone there!

Cheers!

Frank